There are no preview option!?

OctoDev

The thinking is that because you're using a WYSIWYG editor, you don't need a preview function. What you see when you type your response is what you'll see when it's submitted.

​Sure, but sometimes YouTube and stuff isn't being formatted and we want to view it in full view not only inside a small editor.

​Sure, but sometimes YouTube and stuff isn't being formatted

If a YouTube link isn’t converted correctly in the editor, it will also not be converted in the final post (or a preview of that post). 

You generate the HTML of the final post in the editor already. That is the point. 

and we want to view it in full view not only inside a small editor.

What small editor? Here on this site the editor is even wider than a forum post. ​

If a YouTube link isn’t converted correctly in the editor, it will also not be converted in the final post (or a preview of that post). 

You generate the HTML of the final post in the editor already. That is the point. 

What small editor? Here on this site the editor is even wider than a forum post. ​

​In many cases it doesn't get converted there but gets converted when posted.

​In many cases it doesn't get converted there but gets converted when posted.

​In 4.0? I doubt that and cannot confirm on my site.

If you can really replicate that behavior on your site, you should report it in the bug tracker so it can be fixed. It doesn’t need a preview function to fix a possible bug of the editor. 

​In 4.0? I doubt that and cannot confirm on my site.

If you can really replicate that behavior on your site, you should report it in the bug tracker so it can be fixed. It doesn’t need a preview function to fix a possible bug of the editor. 

I've reported it with image links, the report was answered as the image was taken to long to parse or it couldn't be found. However, I have found that if you double click on the link that it created and remove the link it does (on occasions) parse the image. You don't need to replicate it on any other site, it can happen here on the IPS forums.

http://i.gyazo.com/545f6caac2127139d0d5006cadfeefca.png (image hasn't parsed)

Of course it's relevant, as he mentions that when using the editor it doesn't get parsed but when posted it sometimes does and a preview option would let him see that.

If it's all to be viewable in the editor then the parsing issue is at fault, so it's relevant to the subject.

i didnt think they would remove, but rather improve.. i cant even find " members " page to view my members, or let my members do custom user titles..

You can still do that from Admin CP -> Members -> Ranks. There is discussion on missing features here although: 

its sad day, i notice lack of bunch of stuff that was on 3.4

i didnt think they would remove, but rather improve.. i cant even find " members " page to view my members, or let my members do custom user titles..

​Everything is being improved. You can't innovate AND stay the same, it's not possible.

Archived