Upgraded Test Site from 3.4.7 to RC1; Pages totally broken

CheersnGears

I upgraded a fully functional copy of my existing site. None of my existing content in Pages is working... I can't even get an article to load properly.  I do understand that I have to re-do my page templates, but nothing seems to be working. I'd enter a bug report, but don't even know where I'd start.

I actually thought that might have been the case when I was typing it out.

I can only imagine at this point that you're just a little bit frustrated with pages.  I always saw Matt posting about pages, maybe you could just send him a friendly PM saying that you'd love to post a bug report, but not sure where to start.  Maybe give him access to your site.

I don't think you'll be stuck on 3 forever.  

Thank God I didn't really do anything with pages on IPB3 besides using the menu feature.  

I would browse over the open bug reports and see if there is anything listed.  If not, maybe shoot a PM to Matt and see what he says.

I upgraded a fully functional copy of my existing site. None of my existing content in Pages is working... I can't even get an article to load properly.  I do understand that I have to re-do my page templates, but nothing seems to be working. I'd enter a bug report, but don't even know where I'd start.

​In that case i think its better for you to open a Ticket.

I've deleted and created pages in Pages to the point where I can get an article to load.... the page is all wrong, the formatting is all lost, there is a lot of other junk on the page that I don't seem to have control over.... but the article is there and I can click edit. 

Which brings me to the next bug... when I click save after editing, I get a PHP error. 

http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/rc2-php-error-editing-an-article-that-was-upgraded-from-347-r3340/

Archived