February 18, 2015 in Feedback
This may be a silly question but I can't find a specific answer. Should I install IP4.0 RC1 on a live site or wait for final?
I know RC is supported but I am not sure if I should be running full swing with this yet. Please advise.
You can run RC1 on a live forum but you may run into the bugs that will be solved before the final release...waiting until the final release will mean these bugs are cured, but obviously that's in the future, depends if you want to wait and get it stable or get it now and see if it affects you
Most major bugs seem to have been fixed by now, I have not encountered any.
I have only encountered smaller bugs that are just mildly annoying.
Of course, people tend to have different experiences, so if you want to be safe and want your forums to have minimal annoyances, you may want to wait, but I very much doubt you'll run into any major issues by now
We are just using the forum part and so far we only found one very small bug. This was edit user profile banner image. (fix in next update)
Running fine so far.
Well RC is supported now so go for it.
Personally, No mods or styles...I can't do anything with 4.0 XD
I have some problems on a test upgrade. If I can upgrade with no problems in the next try, I will upgrade the live site.
If you want to play it safe wait for the final and do your testing on a test site.... But if you are feeling brave then backup your site and databases before hand....
Good Luck on your venture!
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
Started September 7
Started September 15
Started 11 hours ago