Cloud query

Rob.

​New installs are currently using 3.4.7. If you submit a ticket, we can get that upgraded to 4.0.0 RC 1.

​Thanks Stuart :)

Am I likely to incur any problems going from 3.4.7, given that chat is included with that but is not in the release candidate? I'm thinking error messages based on an application that does not work in the release candidate. Do I merely need to disable this application until such time it is supported? :)

​Thanks Stuart :)

Am I likely to incur any problems going from 3.4.7, given that chat is included with that but is not in the release candidate? I'm thinking error messages based on an application that does not work in the release candidate. Do I merely need to disable this application until such time it is supported? :)

​You won't be able to use chat (obviously).

Chat will be automatically disabled (so will any other 3.x apps) in the upgrade process.

What's the best way to request 4.0.0 rc2 for a cloud forum? It would seem a bit daft for me to buy a new forum, wait for a staff member to install 3.4.7, then they have to answer a ticket where I ask for 4.0.0 rc2, would it not be easier for the staff member for me to somehow request 4.0.0 rc2 when creating the site so they can do a single installation of that, rather than 3.4.7 and then having to do an upgrade, which would take up their valuable resources?

If it has to be done 3.4.7 and then an upgrade that's fine, was just wondering if there was an easier way for the staff to do it :)

Staff can do the upgrade to 4.0 for you - just put in a ticket :)

In about two weeks Cloud will get 4.0 by default.

​Hi Charles, yeah Stuart mentioned it can be upgraded via support ticket, I was just curious as to whether there was a way to save some of the staff time by asking for a straight installation, rather than wasting their time asking them for an installation then submitting a separate ticket asking for the latest version, as then they have to do two lots of work, I know busy the staff are given the rc releases so wondered if there was a way to save them some effort. :)

Thanks for the update about default cloud update...it might be in my interests to wait a couple of weeks as there aren't many version 4 mods available plus I'm still waiting for the domain I want to be deleted from the database as the last owner let it expire and it's going to be available for purchase in the next day or two :) It also solves the above issue of staff having to do two lots of work :)

Is there any way of doing manual upgrades for a cloud forum? I'm just thinking, with each release candidate coming every few days, you're going to get pretty fed up of me sending support tickets every few days asking for the latest RC if I buy the forum now :lol:

We can do a clean install of 4.0 for you as well if you would like.  

As for upgrading to each release of RC, that isn't needed unless you are seeing a bug that is fixed in a new release, if you are using RC1 or 2 for example and it's working great, wait for final then upgrade again. :)  

At this time there isn't a method for hosted customers to self upgrade to RC though. 

We can do a clean install of 4.0 for you as well if you would like.  

As for upgrading to each release of RC, that isn't needed unless you are seeing a bug that is fixed in a new release, if you are using RC1 or 2 for example and it's working great, wait for final then upgrade again. :)  

At this time there isn't a method for hosted customers to self upgrade to RC though. 

​Thanks Rhett, I did read that each RC would come out every few days...I thought the staff would just get peed off if I kept submitting tickets every few days asking for an upgrade, but like you said I don't necessarily need to upgrade each time one comes out, I could just start off with 4.0.0 rc2 (I think that's the latest one that came out a couple of days ago?) and then wait until 4.0.0 final :)

Still trying to work out whether to buy it now or wait until final version comes out, but with no idea how many RC releases there will be, I'm not sure when I'd get my forum. Might just bite the bullet and go for it now :)

Go for it, a fresh install is pretty solid right now, most of the items we are seeing are upgrade issues really.  :)  

​How would I get a fresh install of 4.0.0 with a new purchase? If I submit a ticket straight after purchase and ask for it straight away will that be possible, rather than a member of staff installing 3.4.7 then having to upgrade to 4.0.0 RC2? :)

​Maybe  lol  

​Well the joke's on you...I'm worthless :P

Infact you'd probably have to pay to get rid of me :P

Just to clarify, ALL ips 3 mods are non compatible with Ips4? I want Tom Christians social links mod to allow people to go to my various social media sites but he's not been able to do a version for ips 4 yet :)

Thanks for the clarification, I thought that might be the case as I heard about the entire code rewrite that went into IPS 4. Guess I'll have to wait for that mod :)

Alright Rhett you've talked me into it...which of course means I can blame you if it doesn't work out. I call it the blame delegation phenomenon :P

Changed my mind, since 4 minutes after I created the forum it got installed with 3.4.7 before I could submit the support ticket :lol:

Have closed the ticket and decided to stick with 3.4.7 until such time that the mods I want have been upgraded to IPS 4 :)

We can still do it if you change your mind, just let us know. 

​Thanks Rhett, my idea was to go straight to 4.0.0 rc2 to save the staff having to do two installations but since they've done one already I might aswell wait until the mods are available before the second install gets done :)

Ok, no problem, the original installs are done automatically after purchase, so it's no trouble at all if you want to bump up to 4 though :) 

​Oh I didn't know that, I thought a staff member had to do it manually...that's not so bad then :)

Archived