Fatal Error: What would cause this?

After doing a server switch, I ran into this issue

Your settings could not be read by IP.Board. This is a fatal error and IP.Board cannot function while this issue persists. This issue is generally caused by changing your character set in the ACP to one that does not support data stored in the rest of your settings, or by restoring a database backup/completing a server transfer and importing your database tables using the wrong character set or collation. You should contact IPS Technical Support for further assistance.

I'll tag @adonismale or @AndyF as they may know what to do :P

Enter in phpmyadmin and check there.

But try something. Edit your conf_global.php and add:

$INFO['sql_charset'] = 'UTF8';

If it still gives you the error, delete that line again.

​Do I just add that anywhere in conf_global.php? I did at the end of it and I still get the fatal Error.

What exactly am I looking for in phpmyadmin? This is above my paygrade so forgive me if I am asking anything stupid :)

​Do I just add that anywhere in conf_global.php? I did at the end of it and I still get the fatal Error.

What exactly am I looking for in phpmyadmin? This is above my paygrade so forgive me if I am asking anything stupid :)

​You need to add it at least before the ?>. Don't add it after that.

​You need to add it at least before the ?>. Don't add it after that.

​I never did figure it out. The host in question was Futurehosting. Idk what they did wrong. However, I migrated it to another host(from the source host) and they did it correctly with no problems.

*Shrug*

Thanks for trying to help at least!

Archived