My server won't read PHP files?

Hello!

I wanted to move my forum to a new faster server but I'm having a lot of issues and one of the biggest one is that my server doesn't want to read the php files of IPB or general php files. This happened after I upgraded PHP to 5.4 and apache to 2.4.

I have done some Googling and I couldn't resolve my issue so I turned to the IPS community seeking for help. Can anyone help me set up the server & optimise it?

I might throw in some $$ also.

Thanks! :)

Will it read any php files ?

Save this as test.php and upload it, then visit it in your web browser.

<?php
echo "test";
?>

What happens when you view it ?

Do you have an error message / are the raw contents displayed or something else ?

Will it read any php files ?

Save this as test.php and upload it, then visit it in your web browser.

<?php
echo "test";
?>

What happens when you view it ?

Do you have an error message / are the raw contents displayed or something else ?

Thanks for the reply but no, it doesn't read that nor my other html file. It just takes me to domain.tld/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi/

Not too sure what to suggest really at this stage. Does your host offer any basic assistance ?

It seems that you have a missing or otherwise configuration file, possibly the actual webroot is not defined.

The host doesn't offer support of this type apparently.

That might be the problem but I'm new to servers so I probably won't know how to fix it.

If you have some free time, I can PM you the login details and maybe you can take a look at it?

Thanks!

Problem solved :smile:

Great service!

This member is the best! He is very kind, polite and knows what he's doing! I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for custom server work or server help or anything that's server related!

Helped me a lot with my problem and the biggest surprise was he did it for FREE!

Thank you very much ASTRAPI!! :)

Archived