Suggestion:free file of the month

Mark Round

Ok ive seen this on other sites where certain paid files are offered free.Im not sure how feasible this is to do,I am saying that ips select a paid mod and give it away free for a month/bi monthly/quarterly/tiime frame can be specified.I could see this working 1 of 2 ways,ips pay the mod maker a premium to release the file free for a month/week/day,or the mod maker agrees to release it for one day only for free at the beginning of said month.obviously the mod maker has to agree to this,just a suggestion.

for example mod of the month,available the first day of the month for free for one day only.Or heres another idea,call it a wildcard offer up a mod at a random time for free for a limited time.

I think if the mod/app makers are compensated for this it would be a nice way of giving back to the people that support the software and develop for it.

I think if the mod/app makers are compensated for this it would be a nice way of giving back to the people that support the software and develop for it.

That's the problem: the more people involved, the more different opinions.

I don't believe IPS will want to pay to the developer for each FREE download every user do.

The most important part would have to agree: developers. It won't be an easy thing. :smile:

And even if vast majority agree, you don't expect to see top hooks or apps that cost 30, 40, 50$ around. I'm pretty sure it will be items that cost 5 or 6$.

yeah I would think it would have to be limited to something like that. maybe 15 but I would think thats stretching.

maybe when dev is uploading there could be an option like "Allow this file to participate in Free File Promotions?" and not checking means it will never be.

yeah I would think it would have to be limited to something like that. maybe 15 but I would think thats stretching.

maybe when dev is uploading there could be an option like "Allow this file to participate in Free File Promotions?" and not checking means it will never be.

I don't think it should be tied to a fixed price.

Basically: developers wants to participate ? Ok, so he will make a list of files that can be added to this promotion.

Simple and fair. :smile:

well I wasn't thinking hard limiting to price, I really phrased that foolishly, was thinking it would be suggested as an example. I have no paid files so take this with a grain of salt but I would not think a dev would want to include really expensive ones, but thats just an opinion of course.

Archived