anyone using ispconfig 3 with nginx?

Why don't you use centmin ? George ( aka : eva2000 ) updates it constantly and is really stable , performs way better compared to cPanel, Plesk or other panels. Only disadvantage can be recalled is no UI , you need to handle things through SSH . For me this is not an issue at all , in fact i prefer that :)

Direct Admin is a nice choice as well, it's cleaner then cpanel and less bloated, I would recommend a custom skin for it, as the default skin is pretty poor. I have been using it for many years, very good support, very good, stability of updates, and there isn't much missing, it just works.

used DA for a bit (most of 2012 was DA) but really dislike its domain/subdomain limitations.

its also more expensive then cpanel.

the type of stuff they do isn't particularly esoteric or anything, so anything with a gui that allows pointing a subdomain to any folder you want (including existing which DA doesn't easily) as well as easily adding/editing zone records should work.

so...has anyone used ispconfig 3?

got it setup here last night but have not installed any sites on it yet to test.

did spend the 5$ on the 300 page manual though , figured was decent price tp help support them no matter if I use it or not.

used DA for a bit (most of 2012 was DA) but really dislike its domain/subdomain limitations.

its also more expensive then cpanel.

the type of stuff they do isn't particularly esoteric or anything, so anything with a gui that allows pointing a subdomain to any folder you want (including existing which DA doesn't easily) as well as easily adding/editing zone records should work.

so...has anyone used ispconfig 3?

got it setup here last night but have not installed any sites on it yet to test.

did spend the 5$ on the 300 page manual though , figured was decent price tp help support them no matter if I use it or not.

Hmm not sure why it would have been more expensive in your case, it's actually about half the price of CP... I haven't found any domain restrictions, it's often different then cpanel for the process, however it's all there and works.

I agree stay away from ispconfig too.

29 for DA, 20 for CPanel per month. for some reason licensepal (even though I have contacted them twice over it) gives me a discount each month.

been googling all afternoon over the security stuff and all I can find now for earlier v3 is phpmyadmin hacks that hit them and propagated by I am looking hard on that before I decide.

been looking over their tracker too, am pretty nervous on that.

sucks as the setup flows well for what I need :sad:

• 1 month later...

Dude , seriously stay away from ispconfig , it is not hard to hack it ;)

What makes you say that ISPConfig is less secure than other admin tools like confixx, directadmin, cpanel, plesk...?

ISPConfig has an active development team and it is being widely used on many servers.

Archived