Attachment Archiving

BigStamp

I've been thinking about the problem of members being able to delete attachments, and where people have said they may need to make space for new attachments.

Well how about a solution to this being attachment archiving that works a bit like the post archive system where after a preset criteria is met, the attachments are moved to a archive where they no longer show in the users attachment quota and are protected from being deleted.

It seems a elegant and simple solution to the problem and allows each admin to set their own criteria,

I've been thinking about the problem of members being able to delete attachments, and where people have said they may need to make space for new attachments.

Well how about a solution to this being attachment archiving that works a bit like the post archive system where after a preset criteria is met, the attachments are moved to a archive where they no longer show in the users attachment quota and are protected from being deleted.

It seems a elegant and simple solution to the problem and allows each admin to set their own criteria,

This is a very good idea. It would be great if this was implemented. :)

• 2 months later...

So what would happen if a user no longer wanted to share a particular picture that has been archived? How would they delete it?

So what would happen if a user no longer wanted to share a particular picture that has been archived? How would they delete it?

They wouldn't that would be the point of archiving it, and if it was something they were disparate to have removed then I'm sure they could as the admin.

Archived