AdSense Crawler

Donkerrood

You might be aware of this already, but it is a request that would be highly appreciated by myself and I think by the rest of the community as well.

On my forums, I have specific forums which are not accessible for guests and also not for the google search crawler, because I prefer this forums not to be searchable through google.

However, it would be great if we could set separate access (f.i. as a separate user group) for the AdSense crawler, because irrespective of whether you can google these private forums, I want the ads on these forums to be as relevant as possible. The login feature of the adsense crawler doesn't work with IPB, as far as I know.

Please IPS, could you include code that recognizes the AdSense crawler and assign it to a specific user group? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

You can already give Adsense login credentials for your forum to account for forums that can't be accessed by a guest.

4.0 will also allow you to restrict where ads show, which can be used to disable ads in non-guest forums if you prefer.

I tried it in all possible ways I could think of, but apparently AdSense is not able to crawl those pages (or I'm doing something wrong - most probable). Any how-to would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

It would help if the instructions here identified login page, method and parameters concept.

Month passed out!

Today i get a same Crawler issues.

I set

index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&do=process

as login url

and ips_username ips_passowrd as parameters

auth still doesent work, "test login" in adsense ui showing blank page

please, provide us your support, we wait for it a whole month

Unfortunately, that would likely require contacting Adsense to find out why they are unable to crawl your site once you have followed their instructions on supporting logins.

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/161351?hl=en&ref_topic=1348129

I have already said, if they are getting a blank white page, you will likely need to check your error logs and/or contact adsense to find out why. This is a feature that THEY have built (for the purpose discussed in this topic, as well as others), it's not something *we* support.

If you copied and pasted your form fields, I can say off the top of my head "passowrd" is misspelled, however I wouldn't expect that to throw a blank white page at adsense.

Unfortunately, this is not something we can provide much support on. If the feature Adsense provides is not working correctly, you should let them know.

It is really seems to be google bug, because i made some modifications in han_login, so auth_key is not being cheked while authentifications and any post request with

http://www.mysite.com/index.php?ips_username=GoogleCrawler&ips_password=password&app=core&module=global&section=login&do=process

ends up with successful authorisation

but google is still shows blank page in authorisation test

anyone knows, where i must post my issue for google? in google groups?

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the bump. But I think the following works. I'm currently testing it.

https://board-url/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&do=process

ips_username=GoogleBot
ips_password=the password you set for the bot
auth_key=880ea6a14ea49e853634fbdc5015a024
rememberMe=1

As far I understand the auth_key is always 880ea6a14ea49e853634fbdc5015a024 for guests.

• 3 months later...

When running the "Test login" from the AdSense Crawler Login setup does it actually show the page signifying a successful login? I can't get it to display. I believe all settings are correct according to the above comments.

I've tried the login url "index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login" as "index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&do=process" and "index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login" haven't worked either.

• 1 month later...

Was anyone able to get this working and can share the settings?

I have set the crawler access, it can access the site properly, nevertheless it says i have to have my site verified with Webmaster Tools, which i do have (with all methods).

Despite that it says it failed to verify site ownership. Scratching my head about this...