Attached image always removed in quotes

biglobster

I know it's kind of security enforce, but I believe many forum owners don't really want it that way. Our users always complain that it's annoying because they cannot quote reply to the picture. Should we have the configuration option to enable/disable this?

For the sake of example, here is some random picture.

post-270762-0-52276100-1331186549_thumb.

I know it's kind of security enforce, but I believe many forum owners don't really want it that way. Our users always complain that it's annoying because they cannot quote reply to the picture. Should we have the configuration option to enable/disable this?

For the sake of example, here is some random picture.

I guess this is what you mean. I don't really see this as an issue. The quoted image is a link that can be clicked on that then displays the image. They've probably seen the original image anyway. Not having the image saves space.

3DKiwi

I guess this is what you mean. I don't really see this as an issue. The quoted image is a link that can be clicked on that then displays the image. They've probably seen the original image anyway. Not having the image saves space.

3DKiwi

Sorry. Maybe this is what I mean. Sharing through My Media.

Sorry. Maybe this is what I mean. Sharing through My Media.

.. and the image completely disappeared with no trace.

Only the owner of the content (and admins/super moderators) are able to execute a shared media tag to a content item. When you quote someone who has shared a media item, it has to be removed, otherwise you might have an image in a private section and I could simply come along and do something like

[sharedmedia=somethingprivate]

To share your private content with the world without your authorization.

Only the owner of the content (and admins/super moderators) are able to execute a shared media tag to a content item. When you quote someone who has shared a media item, it has to be removed, otherwise you might have an image in a private section and I could simply come along and do something like

[code][/code]

To share your private content with the world without your authorization.

I understand the technical situation quite well as I have read through the issue report about this.

My point is, most public forum is, you know, public. In my opinion, this behaviour favor minority of the forum while opt out the majority, and does not support the use of sharemedia tag in public forum. Currently, I don't want to educate my user to use that because they'll ask "Why can't we quote the image?" and I have no eligible answer from user's point of view. I'm suggesting that while it's necessary to enforce the permission, this should be configurable in some way for the sake of public forum.

Archived