Different Headers For Board/Content ?

HighlanderICT

Is it possible to have a different header image for each part of the IPB suite ?

We are hoping to merge two or three sites using different packages (Joomla, Wordpress, Coppermine ) into one bigger IPB site.

The forum site and the Wordpress/Coppermine site already have distinct identities so we would like the header in
each area to reflect that. We are not looking to do anything with URLs etc, just headers.

IP.Content will replace Wordpress and be our main front page if we add logo in IPB board it is the same throughout site. (we are using wrapper in content)

Any tips/suggestions to achieve this?

(null)

this can be done within the forums, but I dont think it extends to gallery/blogs etc.

you create multiple themes/skins with your different headers, then assign a specific theme/skin per forum.

it can be done within the ACP, I will reply with a link once I have found the specific ACP area that you change

Thanks Richard but don't think that would work for us.

The forum is/was one distinct site, not multiple forums and the header would be the same across the whole forum.

The content section (and gallery) is/was another separate site so we want it to look the same but just have a different header.

Same applies to blogs but that is less of an issue than the distinction between forums and the content/gallery part

(null)

Weird, the code is still there to handle different headers in different apps, but I couldn't seem to get it to work with IP.Content. You should just need to create a template called 'overwriteHeader' in the IP.Content global skin group, and the wrapper should have used that instead of the defaultHeader template.

Archived