ACP suggestion.... hover delay.

Marcher Technologies

I have no qualms with the acp menu structure, or positioning....
but when it vanishes before i can select an item because of mouse-out it is severely frustrating and un-intuitive...
and its something that annoys many... would it be so horrible to have a delay on mouse-out before the menu ninja-vanishes?
just my two cents....
when id rather click the application link than even attempt to use a sub-item... that's bad, right?

I've noticed this and I don't use the dropdowns because of it. I think they should be click activated like the public dropdowns are.

I would be happy with that as well for the menu sub-items...
as it is now it is wholly unusable for me.... i see that they put a LOT of effort into a dynamic menu for installed applications modules, but when it is literally so hard to use it lays Un-used.... not much of a feature.

I agree. I don't even use the dropdown menus because of the hover timeout.

I just click the tab, and navigate from there.

I am so often in "Other apps" that I have to at least use the base levels, as there seems to be no such thing as an "Other Apps" listing(hrmmmm...........idea)>.<
but i simply wont bother with the sub-menus, and any tab i CAN use, i will over the drop-down.

ive found it, but ive nary a clue what to do with it, and that is kinda rare.... ive messed with the duration value on the doClose function's fade to no avail.... ahhhhh dangit browser cache... ill report back lol.>.<
it looks like there is some.... js callbacks?
/admin/js/acp.menu.js
EDIT.... nope, set it to like 10 and did nothing.

what do you wanna do?

well right now, when i breeze (.... i know) my mouse over a set of menus, they all appear(and stay..... and stay..), and the correct behavior is for the mouseout to have the delay, but the mousein on another item to close the previous menu.
i have trouble hitting the menu on transition... the behavior incurred by above mod just makes it worse.... not at all your fault btw Enkidu, its a flaw in the standard acp js if anything.

well right now, when i breeze (.... i know) my mouse over a set of menus, they all appear(and stay..... and stay..), and the correct behavior is for the mouseout to have the delay, but the mousein on another item to close the previous menu.

i have trouble hitting the menu on transition... the behavior incurred by above mod just makes it worse.... not at all your fault btw Enkidu, its a flaw in the standard acp js if anything.

you can add some delay to the .hide() in the above code e.g. .hide('300') but I would expect you to still have problem. You see the way IPS implements the dropdown menu is through a timer that gets cleared on mouseout and sets on mousein. There is no way around without rewriting the code, IMO.

you can add some delay to the .hide() in the above code e.g. .hide('300') but I would expect you to still have problem. You see the way IPS implements the dropdown menu is through a timer that gets cleared on mouseout and sets on mousein. There is no way around without rewriting the code, IMO.

seeing that..... wow..... shouldn't it viably simply close the menu when we mousein on another?
I really don't see the point of it closing on a timer in the first place, the new mousein or the page refresh of a click should be closing it.....>.<
not some set length of time.

Archived