Memcache and xcache at the same time

The options you have in IP.Board is where to store the internal cache (content of ibf_cache_store).
Personally I would use Memcache for this, and use XCache for general PHP optimization.

You may also consider a CDN solution to take some of the strain off your server. I use Cloudflare to handle all my static content, and in the past 30 days it has taken over 50% of the requests to my server.

The options you have in IP.Board is where to store the internal cache (content of ibf_cache_store).

Personally I would use Memcache for this, and use XCache for general PHP optimization.

You may also consider a CDN solution to take some of the strain off your server. I use Cloudflare to handle all my static content, and in the past 30 days it has taken over 50% of the requests to my server.

How to do that? I have no idea how to set up CDN. Also for using memcache and xcache at the same time, how to?

How to do that? I have no idea how to set up CDN. Also for using memcache and xcache at the same time, how to?

Setting up Cloudflare is very easy. Register on their site, confirm the DNS entries they managed to fetch (and add missing entries), and you're good to go. Just remember that you have to use direct.<domain>.<tld> when you want to directly access your server (FTP, SSH, etc). You should also notify your members about this change as some users may get a "challenge" page at some point.
CloudFlare Tips: Using CloudFlare for your forums

Enable Memcache in your conf_global to use that as your cache storage, and install XCache as a regular PHP extension to use that as a global PHP optimizer. See more about that on XCache's website.

install XCache as a regular PHP extension to use that as a global PHP optimizer.

So if i just install xcache it will work as global php optimizer without add the line in the config file and without change anything else on the forum or xcache configuration file?

Thank you Martin A for your reply.

Hi,

There isn't any advantage of running xCache/APC with Memcache since they are faster in a local environment.
Now, if you run a multi-server instance then Memcache with an opcode is the way to go.

http://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/FAQ#How_does_it_compare_to_a_server_local_cache?_(PHP's_APC,_mm

"A local cache benefits over both MySQL query cache and memcached because you can store arbitrary data objects into it, and it does not have latency associated with a fetch over a network."

Hope this help.

Archived