Add some kind of IPS_ENFORCE_ACCESS when force login is enabled

Adriano Faria

To allow users to use our APP, even when the board is offline, is enough to add:

define( 'IPS_ENFORCE_ACCESS', TRUE );

in coreVariables.php.

Would be VERY VERY usefull to add something like that to allow users to use our app when Force guests to log in before allowing access to the community is enabled!

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase! :D

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Hello, I know this is a very old topic, but I'm looking for something exactly like this but for the latest IPS version.

On 10/21/2010 at 1:54 PM, bfarber said:

Collin - fyi, if you add

define( 'IPS_ENFORCE_ACCESS', TRUE );

into your application's coreVariables.php file, it will enforce that the page/application is accessible even if board is offline or the user is banned. That is, assuming you are making an application/module/etc. to show the impressum, as opposed to allowing the admin to define an external link.

I guess the old coreVariables.php is Application.php now and the constant is named define( 'ENFORCE_ACCESS', TRUE ); nowadays, but sadly haven't had any luck with this.

Would be great if one of you guys can help me out :)

6 hours ago, OliverKapunkt said:

Hello, I know this is a very old topic, but I'm looking for something exactly like this but for the latest IPS version.

I guess the old coreVariables.php is Application.php now and the constant is named define( 'ENFORCE_ACCESS', TRUE ); nowadays, but sadly haven't had any luck with this.

Would be great if one of you guys can help me out 🙂

What is it that you want to achieve? I think you should be able to do this by altering the application (and/or module) permissions.

The constant is still around, but it does not do what it used to do. It's only used for some special testing circumstances now.

Yea, please clarify what you’re trying to achieve.

you should always use the application and module permissions if possible, but you can also use the Application::allowOfflineAccess method in your application to make specific pages ALWAYS accessible which is handy for stuff like the imprint and own TOS sites ( I guess that’s what you’re trying, right;) ? )

Archived