Security fix - Fixing error screens

7SiN

well you guys can allways make a tiny file so when hole forum gets php error it hides it and gives a oops an error courred on forum please check back later or so and it makes a log file with php error line in it instead of a white page with error line on page :) just an idea

well you guys can allways make a tiny file so when hole forum gets php error it hides it and gives a oops an error courred on forum please check back later or so and it makes a log file with php error line in it instead of a white page with error line on page :) just an idea

No, we really can't. Fatal errors are just that - fatal. You can configure whether PHP should display these to the browser from php.ini; but much though we'd love to, the majority of potential errors just can't be trapped.

Your best bet is to configure PHP to not display errors by setting display_errors to 0 in php.ini.

well i have seen php scripts have my idea so when a php error comes it hides error and gives like that oops an error courred on the site please check back later. and then script makesa error log file :) i have seen that befor but don't remember where

well i have seen php scripts have my idea so when a php error comes it hides error and gives like that oops an error courred on the site please check back later. and then script makesa error log file :) i have seen that befor but don't remember where

error_log file?

You can only catch non-fatal errors. These include warnings, non-fatal errors, user errors, user exceptions, and notices. Due to the fact that we couldn't trap all errors, I would advise that you correctly configure your error handling settings in your php.ini, as that is the only guaranteed way to prevent sensitive information leaking.

Archived