Need little help to speed up my forums.

For some reason, lately my website has been slow according to 'Google'.

On average, pages in your site take 3.6 seconds to load (updated on Jan 26, 2011). This is slower than 60% of sites.

post-149130-0-16131600-1296165012_thumb.

post-149130-0-37351400-1296165135_thumb.

My forums link: http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you.

I suggest removing the htaccess file LOL.

Any change to server load? Whats I/O look like?

Was updating PHP to 5.3 and there is no zend optimizer for 5.3 AFAIK so added Ioncube. Mean time added the htaccess rather then showing errors all over.

top - 05:54:13 up 27 days, 4:23, 2 users, load average: 1.35, 1.40, 1.43
Tasks: 205 total, 4 running, 201 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
Cpu(s): 11.8%us, 1.5%sy, 0.0%ni, 86.2%id, 0.0%wa, 0.2%hi, 0.4%si, 0.0%st
Mem: 8193844k total, 5383964k used, 2809880k free, 108k buffers
Swap: 4200888k total, 760k used, 4200128k free, 3184332k cached

That's normal, according to Google my site is also slower, but i think their system has problems.

%7Boption%7D

I just checked your site and your site is loading really fast, so it could be google's fault because most of the graphs look similar and it wouldn't be first time that they messed up.

my site is apparently slower that 90% of other sites. But is that a location thing? Perhaps they are accessing from a US server. With me in NZ I have no chance

There are two options:

if their system is stupid and it sees local domain it would access from local server near that country or if is smart no matter what is domain prefix he would first look up location of server.

I think their system is working like I said in first part, because I get bad results because I got my local domain and site is hosted in US.

I got one site which is hosted on my local domain and on local server, according to google time to load the site is around 1S.

On average, pages in your site take 1.1 seconds to load (updated on Jan 26, 2011). This is faster than 88% of sites.

There are two options:

if their system is stupid and it sees local domain it would access from local server near that country or if is smart no matter what is domain prefix he would first look up location of server.

In December 2009 I move my VPS from Newark to London (same specs), and load time increased, so I believe that in that time G was only measuring from USA.

In December 2009 I move my VPS from Newark to London (same specs), and load time increased, so I believe that in that time G was only measuring from USA.

I have been on same location since last 1 year and hence the question. If you notice in image, it was slow , fast i.e. 2 sec around and then again back to 4+. It auto goes up from 2 to 4 with same environment.

There is something which adds up to the speed and I have no clue what.

well my page load is 12 seconds from the US so I wouldn't be surprised

Your website is really slow for me. Not sure why. It takes a while to open the page. Not sure where it's hosted but even the websites hosted in Asia are not that much slow. No offense bro just telling what I am seeing.

Your website is really slow for me. Not sure why. It takes a while to open the page. Not sure where it's hosted but even the websites hosted in Asia are not that much slow. No offense bro just telling what I am seeing.

Yeah no worries, thats what I am trying to fix. The server is hosted in NZ because its primary customer base is NZ. For local customers the page load is between 1 and 4 seconds, but anything international takes upto 12 seconds. I think a lot of the latency is due to international links but I would like to improve on the start render speed which averages around 6 seconds.

I've got apache and apc and have followed a lot of the caching advise, which has improved things considerably, but clearly there is something I am missing. I would like to try nginx or litespeed but it looks like that would mean a complex rebuild, which is a bit daunting for a linux noobie

LiteSpeed doesn't require complex rebuild, you can do it in 1 or 2 hours max.

The docs look daunting and 1-2 hours is a major thing when the only thing you have to go by is copy / paste other peoples command lines because you dont know enough.
I can't even get varnish to work, but there is a separate topic for that one

The docs look daunting and 1-2 hours is a major thing when the only thing you have to go by is copy / paste other peoples command lines because you dont know enough.

I can't even get varnish to work, but there is a separate topic for that one

If you have cpanel its ~5 minutes to install, 5 to compile php, and maybe a few hours of fine tuning. But should be running in under 20 minutes.

If you have cpanel its ~5 minutes to install, 5 to compile php, and maybe a few hours of fine tuning. But should be running in under 20 minutes.

running centos 5.5 with virtuozzo and plesk.
I'd still need a step by step but happy to work with someone on this as a project.

It only takes around 10 mins to install from root without any plugins or such, Only assuming you have the scripts to hand, But thats all the cPanel plugins are, Just script files running after another one complets, To make it sound simple - It works and times like crons :)

• 1 month later...

I know this is rather old, but just an FYI that the load times displayed by Google in Webmaster Tools are taken from actual users visiting your site who have installed the Google Toolbar. If the load times displayed are slow, your average visitor is experiencing slow load times.

I need some extra help.

This 2 variables are pain in da butt. I have done all to minimize it but it just doesn't want to go. Anyone here willing to offer some help?

%7Boption%7D

I assume because it's of IPB in itself?

Select_full_join - 378 - The number of joins that do not use indexes. If this value is not 0, you should carefully check the indexes of your tables.

Those are from sessions and mean nothing.

Your problem is your web server, not your database server. "fixing" the above will gain you nothing. Fixing your web server (ie Apache) will make all the difference. Read my topic here and see the difference it makes:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/334975-nginx-howto-ftw/

Archived