Feature Request: Ability to make custom pages.

Calvin39

Could we have the ability to make custom pages in the next version, I know we have a Custom Pages mod, but it is bloody useless, this is a feature I am sure a lot of people would be glad of. And one we could depend on to work, without losing data, or changing the look of the document you have created when it wants to.

This is a feature I am in desperate need for as being a military site, it is like a paperless office, and I need to create custom pages. The way mods are simply not getting upgraded or fixed by some leaves us with a massive void.

Please would you give it some thought, thanks. :) :)

And if you cannot add it as a feature, then would you consider making one as a part of the suite, I would gladly pay $100.00 for it and a 6 monthly fee. At least I would know my data was safe

Could we have the ability to make custom pages in the next version, I know we have a Custom Pages mod, but it is bloody useless, this is a feature I am sure a lot of people would be glad of. And one we could depend on to work, without losing data, or changing the look of the document you have created when it wants to.

This is a feature I am in desperate need for as being a military site, it is like a paperless office, and I need to create custom pages. The way mods are simply not getting upgraded or fixed by some leaves us with a massive void.

Please would you give it some thought, thanks. :) :)

And if you cannot add it as a feature, then would you consider making one as a part of the suite, I would gladly pay $100.00 for it and a 6 monthly fee. At least I would know my data was safe

Why not use IP.Content? Its very useful for those extra pages ya need.

I would love to do that mate, but I am not that good, I can't get my head around IP Content. :huh:

Wow I have just learnt how to do this now, in IP Content, brilliant, glad I bought it now. :D :D :thumbsup:

See the product is that good you got your head around it in a split second

:ph34r:

• 1 month later...

I would really like to see the ability to create simple custom pages (with functional tabs). This seems like it should be really easy to do, yet i can't find a way to do it. People say to use IP.Content, but IP.Content does not allow you to simple create a new page with its own tab.

What do you mean own tab?

I have created pages IP Content and then added that page to my navigations tabs.

3DKiwi

That's exactly what i'm trying to do. Create new custom pages, then make a new tab for them within the navigation, and have the tabs highlight themselves normally as the active tab.

That's exactly what i'm trying to do. Create new custom pages, then make a new tab for them within the navigation, and have the tabs highlight themselves normally as the active tab.

Use the page wizard in the ACP to create a new page. Then to add that page on to the main tabs edit globalTemplate for each skin:

Find:

<if test="!ipsRegistry::$applications['members']['app_hide_tab']"><li id='nav_members' class='left {parse variable="membersActive"}'><a href='{parse url="app=members" base="public" template="members_list" seotitle="false"}' title='{$this->lang->words['go_to_memberlist']}'>{$this->lang->words['tb_mlist']}</a></li>

Add your link after this in this manner:

<li id='nav_store' class='left'><a href= 'http://www.yoursite.com/forums/files/category/1-tutorials/' title='Tutorials'>Tutorials</a></li>

All of this information has been asked and answered numerous time and search should have turned up these answers.

3DKiwi

Use the page wizard in the ACP to create a new page. Then to add that page on to the main tabs edit globalTemplate for each skin:

Find:

<if test="!ipsRegistry::$applications['members']['app_hide_tab']"><li id='nav_members' class='left {parse variable="membersActive"}'><a href='{parse url="app=members" base="public" template="members_list" seotitle="false"}' title='{$this->lang->words['go_to_memberlist']}'>{$this->lang->words['tb_mlist']}</a></li>

Add your link after this in this manner:

<li id='nav_store' class='left'><a href= 'http://www.yoursite.com/forums/files/category/1-tutorials/' title='Tutorials'>Tutorials</a></li>

All of this information has been asked and answered numerous time and search should have turned up these answers.

3DKiwi

I just tried this and it didn't seem to change anything. I've gone through countless threads about this subject and they all seem to hit a dead end. Your solution is a new one i haven't seen, but it still didn't work for me.

Unfortunately it seems like Invision made this way more complicated than it needs to be.

I have this same issue. Do to using IP.content as both a portal and an article system I have to manually create the tabs for it but like you said it does not auto highlight.

At my site the Cinebench and Plugins tabs are IP Content created pages. Works for me.

3DKiwi

Clicking on any of your other tabs creates an actual tab telling you which tab is active. The ones you created don't have that function. ;)

As far as I know, you do not need to separate the newly created tabs from the standard navigation menu. You can just include the code for your tab within the primary_nav like all the other application links.

Making the tab is the easy part. Making it highlight itself properly is the tricky part and nobody seems to know how to do it properly.

As far as I know, you do not need to separate the newly created tabs from the standard navigation menu. You can just include the code for your tab within the primary_nav like all the other application links.

As it stands it can't be done as each one will reference the active component of CCS, so all will be highlighted. So you need to create a separate navigation to allow each page type to highlight. Its the best working solution available and achieves what people want.

As it stands it can't be done as each one will reference the active component of CCS, so all will be highlighted. So you need to create a separate navigation to allow each page type to highlight. Its the best working solution available and achieves what people want.

Well for me having all highlighted is fine as I only add one tab for the pages. I just had to manually make the tab because I am using the root page of the ip.content as the root page for the site. So needed to create a new tab so the root site page and the root ccs page were different as in my opinion it should be.

I have it done for multiple tabs. All of my tabs on RPers Anonymous are manually made to have their own effect. The tabs up top are manually created and show the active one as well as the Stamps beneath it.

This should work:
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/329244-create-new-tabs-with-html-support-for-custom-pages/

I'll go back and look at why that person is still having a problem but it's most likely a problem with the logic.

I'm sure it would be a similar method. I haven't done any Article sorting but I do make my tabs highlight.

By the same principle I was able to apply a different skin to my profiles on my Wootflakes forum when that was up. It's just a check for the location and to parse a variable as such.

If I get time between my Character Mod and my kids I'll see about making a tutorial for it with print screens and all.

Archived