Download: Log In Redirect

NenaDice

File Name: Log In Redirect
File Submitter: NenaDice
File Submitted: 29 Oct 2010
File Updated: 31 Oct 2010
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This will give the admin the option to redirect the users of his/her forum anytime they log in at his/her forum.

Install the hook.xml file through Manage Hooks in your Admin Panel and then to configure it go to System Settings. There you will see a new setting called NenaDice. Click on it and configure the hook to your needs. There you can enable/disable the hook, enter the full url to the log in redirect location and which groups will be exluded from the redirection after they log in.

Click here to download this file

Installed the hook yesterday and it seems to solve my login issues I encountered of a late.

I (and many other members too) had to deal with being redirected to the login page once again after signing in insteaad of to the forum index page. It appeared to be a cookies issue according to the replies left in a topic I created about it here. One sugested me to use the "Delete my cookies" link before signing in, which did work around the problem. Now this hook offers me the solution to eliminate my initial problem.

Nice work, well done ! :thumbsup:

Installed the hook yesterday and it seems to solve my login issues I encountered of a late.

I (and many other members too) had to deal with being redirected to the login page once again after signing in insteaad of to the forum index page. It appeared to be a cookies issue according to the replies left in a topic I created about it here. One sugested me to use the "Delete my cookies" link before signing in, which did work around the problem. Now this hook offers me the solution to eliminate my initial problem.

Nice work, well done ! :thumbsup:

You are welcome. Glad to hear that it came in handy :)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have also the same problem

i have installed quick slide in login also

is that is the issue ?

It could be. I am not familiar with the other hook so I can't say for sure. But it must be a conflict with another hook because this works fine. I use it on several forums that I help administer without any problems at all.

Just wanted to say thanks a million for this. IPB 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 have login problems (That go beyond the scope of the skins since I couldn't even login with the stock skin) and this made for a nice workaround until they acknowledge it and fix it

Thank you!

You are welcome. Happy to see that it came in handy to you :)
  • 3 weeks later...

I think i've found a clash with another script :x Not sure if it's something you'd be the one to take this to, or the other mod creator, but:

When I have Login Redirect and Login Logs (Here) installed, Login Logs stops logging (You can still view logs before the date you install Login Redirect, but it will stop logging any new logins). When uninstalling Login Redirect, Login Logs begin logging again.

Just thought i'd let you know incase it was something you could fix :ermm: I've posted this on Login Logs' support topic too :x

Both hooks override the same doLogin function, but that other hook is sending people away from that function to do its redirect instead of returning to the parent function.

Apparantly Log In Redirect doesn't return to the parent function :x Any chance of a fix?
  • 1 month later...

Archived