Please add these IP.Tracker features to IP.Board!

ørret

I will start out by handing out this link so you know what I am talking about:
http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/2568/entry-5351-iptracker-14-admin-tweaks-public-project-listing/

What I would love to see in IP.Board is features like "Default View - Classic View - One Column View" which you can have a look on in the link above. Also a management system for forums and users/moderators. I know it is silly to ask for a feature just because some other application have it, but I feel like the resources section a huge part of IPS so I wanted to suggest this to be added for the IPS official applications as well. Thanks in advance.

• Management

I disagree that we need to maintain 3 different types of views for forums and topics. That's a lot of work in terms of templates and code for a feature that mostly no one will use.

After all, who uses Threaded or Linear+ mode to view topics?

Well, linear mode is inside a topic... or am I way off here? This will affect only the forum home/mainpage and its sub forums, and I do believe people would like to have this and use this feature, it's not like it is hidden like the linear mode for example for posts inside a topic. It also looks way better (to me). I know this is different from person to person but don't say you don't like it because it is hard to code ;). If the guys behind IP.Tracker can do it, I don't see why you cant! The column view is something people might prefer over using the default one, I know for sure, I'd like to use it on my board. I could always buy 3 different skins that does the job, but it wouldn't be near as good as the current IP.Tracker system is offering with the quick change of "layout" (if I can say that). It's like we say in the military, it is painful, but we like it! Please have this spirit when coding as well :D. There's nothing like a sweat coder at the end of the day, looking at the finished product saying "That was painful... but I enjoyed every second of it!"

To clarify on what Matt and Dan have both said, we're not intending to keep 3 views in Tracker, in fact they will probably be removed within a point release later down the line. We're offering three at the moment as a changing phase because 1.4's new look *is* different and we can appreciate it will take getting used to. The table view will be going however, so we're not keeping 3 views :)

Sad news. Will be a big loss to me. I especially liked the default view. I am to be honest quite bored of the classic view when it comes to IPB. The default view and column view gave it a much better look in my opinion. To get such views you'd have to buy a custom skin, sadly. I respect all your opinions, thank you.

Archived