Download: [HSC] Staff Picks

HeadStand

File Name: [HSC] Staff Picks
File Submitter: HeadStand
File Submitted: 12 Sep 2010
File Updated: 31 Dec 2010
File Category: Application Modules

Upgrade from 2.x version of this mod (formerly known as [EV] Staff Picks)

- Allows Administrators to mark/unmark topic as a Staff Pick (or Recommended Reading)
- Displays X latest marked topics at the top of the forum index
- Displays X latest marked topics in a sidebar block

- Includes 9 System Settings (can be found under Hooks tab)
- Includes 1 uploaded source file
- 0 manual file/template edits

Instructions:
1. Upload file(s) in "upload" folder to the appropriate location(s) on the server
2. Install the Hook XML via ACP

[Update - Version 3.1.2.1]
- Support for BBCode

[Update - Version 3.1.2.2]
- Fixed IPS Driver Error during installation

Click here to download this file

its not working, IPS driver error once I upped the hook btw.

cache:

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:03:13 +0000

Error: 1072 - Key column 'picked' doesn't exist in table

IP Address: xxxxxxxxxx - /admin/index.php?adsess=1e44a17e468052adbb5e0bf661db4cc0&app=core&&module=applications&section=hooks&do=install_hook

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mySQL query error: alter table ipb_topics add (KEY(picked))

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

| File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|

| admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php    | [hsc_staffpicks].install                                                      | 1528              |

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php    | [admin_core_applications_hooks].installHook                                   | 424               |

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php    | [admin_core_applications_hooks]._installHook                                  | 116               |

| admin/sources/base/ipsController.php                            | [admin_core_applications_hooks].doExecute                                     | 296               |

where you look to add the topic as staff pick.. you're hooks cool but better example on how to work them after install will help a lot..i install this but have no idea where to go to pick topics as staff picks... :whistle:

There should be additional options in the mod dropdown list - Mark Topic as Staff Pick and Unmark Topic as Staff Pick.
One thing though - your group needs to be set in the System Settings for this hook.

Let me know if that helps.

There should be additional options in the mod dropdown list - Mark Topic as Staff Pick and Unmark Topic as Staff Pick.

One thing though - your group needs to be set in the System Settings for this hook.

Let me know if that helps.

May be it's not working because when i install the hook after it take me to a database error also there is nothing in the mod dropdown list about mark topic as staff pick or unmark topic as staff pick ...

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

its not working, IPS driver error once I upped the hook btw.

cache:

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:03:13 +0000

Error: 1072 - Key column 'picked' doesn't exist in table

IP Address: xxxxxxxxxx - /admin/index.php?adsess=1e44a17e468052adbb5e0bf661db4cc0&app=core&&module=applications&section=hooks&do=install_hook

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mySQL query error: alter table ipb_topics add (KEY(picked))

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

| File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|

| admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php    | [hsc_staffpicks].install                                                      | 1528              |

| admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php    | [admin_core_applications_hooks].installHook                                   | 424               |

| admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php    | [admin_core_applications_hooks]._installHook                                  | 116               |

| admin/sources/base/ipsController.php                            | [admin_core_applications_hooks].doExecute                                     | 296               |

Same prob here too

A new version has been uploaded. Version 3.1.2.1 includes:

- Fix for the IPS Driver Error

- Support for BBCode

it still not working still getting the driver error and there nothing in drop down box still ...

ERROR AFTER INSTALL OF THE HOOK

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

One more time. This time I tested the installation on a clean forum and I was able to reproduce the error. Should be fixed now.

Note: You will not see the dropdown options until you configure the groups in the System Settings. Please check that your group is selected in the Settings before looking for the mod options.

One more time. This time I tested the installation on a clean forum and I was able to reproduce the error. Should be fixed now.

Note: You will not see the dropdown options until you configure the groups in the System Settings. Please check that your group is selected in the Settings before looking for the mod options.

thank you it finally working now.. :thumbsup:

I install the new hook and now all am seeing is this crap all over the top of my site...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 120

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home//public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 129

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 130

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 134

I install the new hook and now all am seeing is this crap all over the top of my site...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 120

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home//public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 129

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 130

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:7) in /home/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 134

I can't reproduce this.... I don't get any errors on either of my development environments (I have 2).

Can you please tell me:
1. What values you have for your settings?
2. Did you mark off any topics?

I can't reproduce this.... I don't get any errors on either of my development environments (I have 2).

Can you please tell me:

1. What values you have for your settings?

2. Did you mark off any topics?

It come few times when am browsing through the fourms..since i remove your hook and the file i uploaded i don't see it any more so for now i will hold off from using this hook..thank you

P.s And yes i mark off topics it was set up and working to i start moving around and then i see all that info at the top of the board..

It come few times when am browsing through the fourms..since i remove your hook and the file i uploaded i don't see it any more so for now i will hold off from using this hook..thank you

P.s And yes i mark off topics it was set up and working to i start moving around and then i see all that info at the top of the board..

I understand you don't want to use it until it's fixed, but until I can reproduce it I can't fix it. ;)

Can you please tell me what you had in your System Settings? How many posts to display, display on board index, Global/Forum mode, etc.

Thanks.
  • 1 month later...

is this works with 3.1.3 ?

I tried but it shows database error on hook installation...

hmmm...but older version of hook [Update - Version 3.1.2.1] wroks just fine

I think this is not related to a specific version of the hook, just the sequence in which the installation events occur. If you install the newer version it should be fine.

I'm going to update the installation slightly and release a new version to correct it.
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived