3.1.1 feature suggestion: Hide groups from member/staff lists

Clickfinity

Hello,

It's currently already possible to hide a group from the member list :) - it's on the group edit form.

If you wanted to add particular members as an admin or global/forum mod but not have them show on the moderating team list, I would just use the secondary group feature.

Sorry, now I've re-read my suggestion, I got it wrong. I didn't describe it properly.

What I was looking for was a duplication of my vBulletin group display-name set-up.

On my board I give my moderators the option of whether their mod status is made public or not. I let them chose because some members see a mod badge and use it against them.

I can put someone in the "Moderators" primary group with all the permissions that offers, but change their displayed group name to something else, for example "Members". This way I can make my moderators appear in the same group as my members so they don't stand out as different and can't be identified.

So I suppose it could be a select option with a list of group names along the lines of: "What group name should be displayed for members of this group?:" (the default could be [ Same as primary group ] with the following list being the currently installed groups.)

Alternatively it could just be a text box where you can type the group name you want displayed (leave blank if you don't wish to use this option).

Anyway, thanks for any consideration you might give this.

Cheers,
Shaun

I can put someone in the "Moderators" primary group with all the permissions that offers, but change their displayed group name to something else, for example "Members". This way I can make my moderators appear in the same group as my members so they don't stand out as different and can't be identified.

Then why not put them in the Members group as primary, and put the Moderators group as secondary. This way it doesn't show up (I believe the list only shows those who the moderator or admin group is the primary group).

Then why not put them in the Members group as primary, and put the Moderators group as secondary. This way it doesn't show up (I believe the list only shows those who the moderator or admin group is the primary group).

I'll give that a go.

Can you have multiple secondary groups though? I also have a subscription group that my mods are members of too.

Ahh, now that's interesting - so I could have two "members" groups, but each can have different permission sets - the beauty of using ID's I assume?

Could be confusing though if you don't have your wits about you ... so might try the secondary group thingy first and see how that pans out. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Archived