Download: Bouncy Mail

AnthonyKinson

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will there come a function to setup what usergroup can use this system (to make a VIP/staff only option)

there already is a per group setting, at the moment you can control if they can use the system, how many mails they can send inbox size how many mails per x amount of minutes can be sent and how many contacts can be stored in addressbook. all based on a per group basis.just click to manage group permissions from ACP and select the bouncy mail tab(or it might be the IP.Mail tab)

dont work for me i can send mail but not receive

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/ultima/public_html/post_office.php

generated by dutchwii@my-domain.com

local delivery failed

in ACP when click lick in My Apps it opens main ACP
settings/search link in mail dont work it opens for me the board index

How to hide the tab for members? members can make account and i dont want normal members can see the tab

Is there likely to be an upgrade path going forward from this version?

probably, but cant be certain yet

dont work for me i can send mail but not receive

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/ultima/public_html/post_office.php

generated by dutchwii@my-domain.com

local delivery failed

How to hide the tab for members? members can make account and i dont want normal members can see the tab

check out previous posts on page 1 of this topic about alternate hashbangs in post_office.php chances are you need to change it, or, you need to CHMOD post_office.php to 744

i fixed it, i did but i guess did not go well the chmod but how about this\

Edit: I noticed the script mess up the login layout

%7Boption%7D

Also with the standard skin

I managed to get this working with the domain being registered through GoDaddy and the hosting itself is done through IPS hosting. FINALLY got it working after wrestling with it for well over an hour.

My problem wasn't outgoing mail. It was incoming mail. I had been getting the folliwing error:

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected email@domain.com (state 14).

Had to edit my MX Record through the GoDaddy Total DNS Control panel so that it wouldn't try to do all my email through their servers!

I've also noticed that I can't delete any of my email using the checkboxes on the right then clicking "Delete Selected". Get the error that I've specified an invalid forum

Couple future suggestions?

• Allow a single email address to be a catch-all for addresses that don't exist?
  • Use the topic marker system to mark emails as read or unread?

i fixed it, i did but i guess did not go well the chmod but how about this\

Edit: I noticed the script mess up the login layout

[img]

[/img]

Also with the standard skin

like the description said, some features are disabled and it is not to be installed on your live board, login screen is a bug i shall fix ;)

as for hiding the tab, you can only hide it from everyone or install it on a test board.

I managed to get this working with the domain being registered through GoDaddy and the hosting itself is done through IPS hosting. FINALLY got it working after wrestling with it for well over an hour.

My problem wasn't outgoing mail. It was incoming mail. I had been getting the folliwing error:

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected email@domain.com (state 14).

Had to edit my MX Record through the GoDaddy Total DNS Control panel so that it wouldn't try to do all my email through their servers!

I've also noticed that I can't delete any of my email using the checkboxes on the right then clicking "Delete Selected". Get the error that I've specified an invalid forum

Couple future suggestions?

• Allow a single email address to be a catch-all for addresses that don't exist?
  • Use the topic marker system to mark emails as read or unread?

glad you got it sorted :D

feature suggestions are good. the catch-all email address will be in the next version, this will be what the POP3 method uses to obtain emials.
never really looked at the topic marker system, but will check it out.

the check boxes will be sorted in next update ;)

nice work mate, got it working here with DirectAdmin :)

needed to edit the paths for initdata.php and the hashbag, and also to note to use the pipe with email forwarding in DirectAdmin the line has to be like this

"|/home/path/to/forum/post_office.php"

note the | at the start and has to be in "

and how i did the direct admin side, was made an email address for the system

set catch all email to that email addy (note this is not all email, only email addresses that are not in the system)

then set forwarder from that email account i made to the post_office.php.

Hope this helps others with other control panels

feature suggestions are good. the catch-all email address will be in the next version, this will be what the POP3 method uses to obtain emials.

I think there may be a crossed wire here. I think the OP was after a catch-all within bouncy mail i.e. any emails to non-existing accounts in bouncy mail should be sent to an admin defined bouncy mail account. This is different to using a catchall for getting mail into bouncy mail as I think you interpreted the suggestion.

i hope you can fix this. but will be final mod a pay mod? or it stay free?

free free free, although there will be a copyright removal option and possibly an option to purchase advanced support depending on how the app progresses.

loads of info about the app in here http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/286682-bouncy-mail/

nice work mate, got it working here with DirectAdmin :)

needed to edit the paths for initdata.php and the hashbag, and also to note to use the pipe with email forwarding in DirectAdmin the line has to be like this

"|/home/path/to/forum/post_office.php"

note the | at the start and has to be in "

and how i did the direct admin side, was made an email address for the system

set catch all email to that email addy (note this is not all email, only email addresses that are not in the system)

then set forwarder from that email account i made to the post_office.php.

Hope this helps others with other control panels

excellent, i'll be sure to include that information in the install instructions of future updates :D

I think there may be a crossed wire here. I think the OP was after a catch-all within bouncy mail i.e. any emails to non-existing accounts in bouncy mail should be sent to an admin defined bouncy mail account. This is different to using a catchall for getting mail into bouncy mail as I think you interpreted the suggestion.

Ahh yes this is possible, the only problem with this is that emails are stored in the database, so yoru database could get very big very quickly due to spam (after all 90% of all email sent is spam)

I've already added the ability to store messages to files on the server (FTP) but its not yet been implimented (even though the setting exsists) maybe it would be better if i set the "catch-all" emails to be saved to files instead.

Actually, yes, that's exactly what I meant.

oh, also, what i'll do for future releases is treat the post_office.php like conf_global.php in that i will rename it to post_office.php.dist so it doesnt overwrite your configurations.

This would be very much appreciated.

How soon before I should start listing every single bug or object not working? I'm sure you've got a running list of things not yet complete. However, I've got a list started up already of non-functioning things....

How soon before I should start listing every single bug or object not working? I'm sure you've got a running list of things not yet complete. However, I've got a list started up already of non-functioning things....

In the same boat here. There are a few things I want to point out but don't want to annoy you with the things that are likely already known to you.

Once the catchall email is used instead of the pipe, I'm on windows servers so pipes won't work, I'll be testing this. This is the one feature my users miss since Hivemail went belly up. I will definitely be donating when final is released.

just go ahead and list them in a post in this topic, i might not reply to them all but i will definatly be taking notice and will definatly tell you when they have been addressed :)

You've just opened the floodgates!

• Mail Managemant button - 4 options, only 1 is used (and working!)
  • When using the checkboxes on right of messages to perform an action on more than 1 of them, the "With Selected" box doesn't count how many are checked.
  • Clicking the "With Selected" box returns [#4030] You appear to have submitted an invalid forum. This happens regardless if you have options above the box checked or not.
  • Clicking on Settings brings you to the board index.
  • Clicking on Search brings you to the board index.
  • When viewing a message in your Spam folder, you still have the option to report it as Spam. Perhaps this should be a "Not Spam" button?
  • Clicking on "Bounce Message" just reloads the page, but with the action=bounceMessage in the URL. Nothing is bounced back to sender.
  • After reporting an email as spam, it says all future emails from that person or domain (depending on which one chooses I guess?) will go to Spam folder. They still go to the Inbox.
  • Sent a jpg attachment to myself. Got the error below when trying to open said attachment (username changed for security reasons). All instances of "USERNAME" are where my username was. Anything else referring to "user" is not changed. First is what showed on the webpage. Second code box is what I received in my original sender's email inbox as a reply.

File not found or inaccessible!

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/user/mail_cache/1_1274148246_paladins0gf.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/USERNAME:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/community/admin/applications_addon/other/mail/modules_public/core/core.php on line 477

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: pipe to |/home/USERNAME/public_html/community/post_office.php generated by user@domain.com The following text was generated during the delivery attempt: ------ pipe to |/home/USERNAME/public_html/community/post_office.php generated by user@domain.com ------ Warning: fopen(/home/user/mail_cache/1_1274148246_paladins0gf.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USERNAME/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/mail/mimeFunctions.php on line 289 Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/USERNAME/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/mail/mimeFunctions.php on line 290 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/USERNAME/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/mail/mimeFunctions.php on line 291

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

Suggestions that I haven't found implemented yet:

[*]Add/Remove entries from known spam list (via ACP) [*]Add/Remove Folders [*]Add/Remove Filters to filter messages to specific folder(s). [*]Allow an email to be tagged/labeled (similar to Gmail) so it matches more than 1 folder without needing more than 1 copy. [*]Read/Unread icons match default background too closely, hard to tell the difference (at least to me). Use IP.Board's built in topic marking system to mark emails as read or unread as well as use skin's default read/unread icons.

Archived