Reputation system + Warning system + Rating system =?

ikillbill

Reputation system + Warning system + Rating system
is it a good idea to integrate them better?

give others point (just like add point on reputation and give good rating?) , minus points (just like warning?) , moderator could make someone bulk minus point to certain level and member is banned

creating points-like system but make it going no where else is no better than just create a points platform?

Warning system is not meant to be a universal points system. I don't think warning system is equivalent or similar to either of the other two, and should remain separate (in my opinion).

As for rating and reputation, I'm open to suggestions on how to handle those personally.

Warnings are a completely separate moderation tool, in my opinion, and an incredibly useful one at that [especially for large boards]. Joining them into one would mean that members could indirectly suspend or ban a user, which is simply a horrible idea in general.

well, if you don;t like members join the banning system, turn that off on ACP, so members could only give points...etc
I am not too sure why IPS are so against point system, when reputation "points" are introduced at IPB with many little functions :D

I don't understand what you mean by "against point system". The systems you are asking about integrating are really not synonymous in any way. The Warning system is for users that aren't following the rules and, by all means, is a point system that the staff regulate by giving or removing them. The reputation system is a members based points system on good posts, helpful members.

They are two DIFFERENT things because they have two different purposes.

Same thing goes for the rating system. It's a different demon though.

Archived