Change licence checkout procedure

Andy Staple

While I can understand that you'd like to take steps to make sure all licenses are valid, I find that waiting 24+ hours for the ability to download things I've paid 200 dollars for a bit too "1990's"...

I'm sure there is a better system than manual approval for new licenses to be able to allow users to download them. I was hoping to get my site up and working in my time off.

i think that this is the best solution because if the "buyer" is a fraud and uses a stolen credit card he can pay 200$ download the board and then the real owner of the card dispute the "payment" and take back the 200$ so invision will lose 200$ because a fraud purchased the board with a stolen card.
because this has happened to me i started to use the 24-48 hour wait time.
because if the paypal or credit card is stolen the owner will report this to his bank and cancel all payments.
so the 24-48 hours wait time is a fair time so both buyer and seller be secured from illegal transactions

*thats my opinion only and has nothing to do with invision company or any person related with invision

Well right after I posted that I got approved and activated, horrible timing by me I guess >_<

Either way though, there are tons of places online that don't use time-delayed verification. I guess it depends on the company and what they'd be liable for but it just seems like it'd be more useful for customers to be able to download what they paid for asap.

Well right after I posted that I got approved and activated, horrible timing by me I guess >_<

Either way though, there are tons of places online that don't use time-delayed verification. I guess it depends on the company and what they'd be liable for but it just seems like it'd be more useful for customers to be able to download what they paid for asap.

Yes, it would be nice to immediately download what you paid for, but scammers would get that same benefit. All transactions are manually verified to prevent fraud. Most of the time this is done very quickly, but the staff that does that verification isn't here 24/7, particularly at this time of the year.

But also don't forget that Invisionpower will not only lose out the license money, they will also be charged a fee for the chargeback. And the more chargebacks they get because of fraudulent purchases they would have to up the prices for the license.

Doing it this way of manually verifying each purchase, it saves Invisionpower money and in return saves them upping the license fees of which us customers will have to pay.

cap

I don't work in sales, so I don't have any details. I can say that it used to work the way you describe - you purchase, and if the fraud score was low enough you'd get to download right away. Unfortunately, the system was abused and there were lots of chargebacks and reversals, so the system is the way it is now as a result. One (or thousands, perhaps) bad apple spoils the bunch.

Archived