Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we can't run Beta 5 on our live forums even if we chose to?

you could, but if it screws ur forum (not likely) or you have to do a new install of the stable version, and loose all your games and scores, dont come crying here lol, my advise is, you have waited this long, wait a bit more. and this is coming from someone that has tested this (so far) and is using another arcade on his live site rofl

Keep up the good works guys

So we can't run Beta 5 on our live forums even if we chose to?

you could, but if it screws ur forum (not likely) or you have to do a new install of the stable version, and loose all your games and scores, dont come crying here lol, my advise is, you have waited this long, wait a bit more. and this is coming from someone that has tested this (so far) and is using another arcade on his live site rofl

That is exactly right.
We will not be offering a tool to upgrade from the beta versions to the final version so we strongly warn you not to install this on a live environment, we also have not tested any of the code outside our own install, so we have no idea if it works well or not.
After beta 5, we expect to open up all public boards for RC testing.

Long story short: If you use this on a live board and it breaks, we cant help you. Its not our fault :P

PS: For anyone waiting, it looks like the 12 hour beta signup window will begin in a few hours. :thumbsup:

Just as a little teaser of iArcade BETA5:
http://screencast.com/t/YTJlMGE3OGI

(I apologize for the horrible sound quality, I have an awful mic. I'll let Andy stick to the voiceovers from now on.)

The only things left is for Andy to write the installer and for me to update the documentation, and then we will begin to accept beta testers!
Stay tuned, folks!

BETA SIGNUP TIME!

If you are interested in helping beta test iArcade BETA5, Please send me and Andy a PM.
Signups will be open for 12 hours and then close, you will be sent the files shortly after.

If you helped beta test beta4, you must re-apply for beta 5.
Please reply to your original application, if possible, when re-applying.

Sidenote: Anyone using beta4 will now get errors in their ACP that their beta is out of date and expired.

BETA SIGNUP TIME!

If you are interested in helping beta test iArcade BETA5, Please send me and Andy a PM.

Signups will be open for 12 hours and then close, you will be sent the files shortly after.

Sidenote: Anyone using beta4 will now get errors in their ACP that their beta is out of date and expired.

sent and interesting how it turned out to be Sunday after all. lol:)

BETA SIGNUP TIME!

To add to this, you will need to do a fresh install of BETA 5 since there is no upgrade path yet.

Update: I have updated the SQL install files, and the settings files, I am now updating all the template bits for the installer, I am working slower than normal because I am full of the cold :( but will be today you lot get BETA5(oh the hell I go through for you guys).

I am then going to do a few test installs to check everything then its upto Collin to update the docs and send you the files (which I am going to send to Collin soon).

Archived