"Sorry, no new content found"

Booth

I'd like to suggest that when you click 'view new content' and get the message "Sorry, no new content found" there is a link which says... "To view posts that have been made over the last 24 hours click here."

Sometimes when checking view new content, and then I have to dash off somewhere else, I'm finding that the new content then disappears making the site look barren and then have to search for the post that was previously there.

[quote name='Booth' date='30 October 2009 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1256914226' post='1873465']
I'd like to suggest that when you click 'view new content' and get the message "Sorry, no new content found" there is a link which says... "To view posts that have been made over the last 24 hours click here."

Sometimes when checking view new content, and then I have to dash off somewhere else, I'm finding that the new content then disappears making the site look barren and then have to search for the post that was previously there.

Yep, thats exactly why I asked for this http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/292878-view-new-content-serach
I see a request for it comes up at least once a week

When you click at the forum tab in the navigation and browse to the bottom right on top of the "Users online" box there is a small link called Today's active content. It shows topics that have been active. The link brings you to  http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active. Maybe with a little bit tweaking of the template it is possible to place that link after the sentence "Sorry, no new content found". But dont quote me on that.

[quote name='theGaVrA' date='31 October 2009 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1256950955' post='1873677']
It's already there... :huh:

http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

It's already there but by default and for ease of use it needs to be displayed on the View New Content page as a optional link. Or perhaps a separate link in the header navigation (which can be toggled on/off in admin).

Interesting discussion, but why doesn't VIEW NEW CONTENT (and the older View New Posts) work correctly? My users and I have hundreds of instances when the VIEW NEW CONTENT comes back with nothing found, and yet I can tell from the main board index there is a new topic or reply that I've never seen.

This is a case where it's been two or three hours or more since I've last viewed the boards, come back on and see a new reply at the main page and get the nothing found issue.

Why is that?

[quote name='theGaVrA' date='02 November 2009 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1257202495' post='1874773']
That is a bug? :huh: Nice! I just thought it was working as it should, because when i asked and by reading other topics where users asked this i got that impression... :)

Everyone is waiting for that fix :P

Archived