vBulletin Owners: Handy FAQs

Matt

Suppose I am not renewing my license for 1 year after 6 months are up. But now after 1 year I plan to renew my license to get technical support, services and download latest version. Would I be allowed to do that with traditional 25$ 6 months charge?

IP.Board is available for $149.99. This entitles you to run the board indefinitely (for life). You get six months access to technical support, services (Spam monitoring) and to download the latest version of the software. Once that six months is up you can optionally renew for another six months for $25.00. You can allow your renewal to lapse without penalty and renew at any time.

[quote name='AlexJ' date='18 October 2009 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1255912649' post='1868606']
Suppose I am not renewing my license for 1 year after 6 months are up. But now after 1 year I plan to renew my license to get technical support, services and download latest version. Would I be allowed to do that with traditional 25$ 6 months charge?

Yes. You can continue to run your board normally. Then, if you want to get technical support, services and download the latest version, just pay the $25,00 fee to renew your license. thumbsup.png

Quick questions regarding moving to IPB.
1) The board I wish to move over is running VB 3.7.3. The converter that is mentioned as being available suggest it's only for 3.8 and up. Is there nothing other than the paid upgrade service that will convert that board to IB?

2) Upgrading an installed IB forum. In that other software, you upload the files, and it walks though the upgrades in order. Simple and quick, usually without error. What is the upgrade process for this board software?

[quote name='wbear' date='19 October 2009 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1255965779' post='1868796']
That would be terrific, Charles. I'm fairly convinced to move over.
What about the upgrade process? About the same as the other guy? Upload files, hit a specific URL, walks through it?

Yeah. Or submit a ticket and we'll do it for you - whatever works best for you ;)

[quote name='Matt' date='16 October 2009 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1255689568' post='1867407']
Yes they are converted, and yes you can search them in the member list. :)

I have to say, it seems this isn´t entirely true. :(

I had/have several fields with checkboxes, where my users could mark a number of choices. These are not converted and i can´t see any way to rebuild them, since checkboxes aren´t an option.
<_<

[quote name='darkon' date='24 October 2009 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1256408720' post='1871012']
I have to say, it seems this isn´t entirely true. :(

I had/have several fields with checkboxes, where my users could mark a number of choices. These are not converted and i can´t see any way to rebuild them, since checkboxes aren´t an option.
<_<

IP.Board doesn't have a checkboxes option but I believe it should convert them to a multi-select box which provides the same functionality.

If you're missing fields completely, by all means, submit a support ticket and we can investigate what's happened :)

Im considering to move out again.
Tbh, vbulletin is now a real pathetic piece of company which just got money hunger and never cared for their customers.
IB has yet destroyed another promising and great software *claps claps*

So my Question:

How well managed is the Community (like vbulletin.org for example) in IPB?
Does it has a good Modifications Source?

I'm moving away from vB and coming here.. It'll be great to be here again since I left for vB years ago. Only question.. What if I want IP.Content and IP.Blogs - any discounts? I don't really need them but it'd be nice to have them, but otherwise too expensive. Just wondering, either way: I'm coming back.

[quote name='CrankyFC' date='27 October 2009 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1256695225' post='1872498']
I'm moving away from vB and coming here.. It'll be great to be here again since I left for vB years ago. Only question.. What if I want IP.Content and IP.Blogs - any discounts? I don't really need them but it'd be nice to have them, but otherwise too expensive. Just wondering, either way: I'm coming back.

Next week they're implementing a new price system which will give discounts based on how many products you buy, so if you buy Board, Content and Blogs at the same time you should get a pretty good discount.

Archived