vBulletin Owners: Handy FAQs

Matt

Hi Wolfie, hi Brandon,

thanks for your replies.

[quote name='bfarber' date='20 May 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1274312570' post='1955526']
1) If you click your username at the top and choose My Settings, it takes you to this page: http://community.inv...e&module=usercp

OK, that` s good. Also nice that you inserted an image so I can see this feature as well. It` s nice that the images are getting resized but you should make it easier for users to include images in their posts. Like I also suggested to vBulletin, there should be a more seamless integration of the gallery here: clicking on the photo-icon in the rich text editor opens a window that allows you to easily select an image from one of your albums. If you haven`t uploaded an image yet, the window will also allow you to upload an image from your disk directly into an album and into your post at the same time.

In the detail view of a photo, the sharing options should include a button "start new topic/post including this photo".

This way would be much more user friendly for those not familiar with basic PC functions like copy/paste or URLs (I have a lot of them).

Lightbox is cool but the category view looks cluttered to me. If you have a huge amount of photos, less is more and a forum-like overview of the categories is necessary.

my members love tags. A tag cloud would be redundant if IPB would offer a faceted search: http://www.uie.com/a...faceted_search/
That would be a killer feature as you would never get empty search results and the search actively guides you through all possible criterias.

Thank you very much so far. I appreciate your support and like your product but I think I`ll wait some time and watch how IPB evolves.

all the best,
Sacha

2) Yes, Gallery can support unlimited subcategory depth. Gallery also supports displaying images larger than the medium configured size in lightbox

4) This is not a feature at this time.

Archived