Download: (IPBE) miniTutorials (Tutorial system free)

Amged Osman

File Name: (IPBE) miniTutorials (Tutorial system free)
File Submitter: Sacred
File Submitted: 30 Sep 2009
File Updated: 24 Feb 2010
File Category: Applications

Description

Free Tutorial system IPB3, Was made for my personal use but got requested by many so here it goes
Demo
http://ipbegypt.com/tutorials/

Features
[*] Quick links (Search, My Pending, My Tutorials, Over All pending). [*] Hook displayed on board index to show latest submitted tutorials [*] Approval system [*] Topic Creation with a lot of options [*] Categories (no Sub categories though) [*] Permissions Per Each Category [*] RSS [*] PM Notification upon submitting and approval [*] Create tutorial from topic ID feature [*] Convert Ineo Article into New tutorial feature [*] Editors Mode ( a certain group can be assigned to have access to edit all tutorials but can NOT delete them) [*] Share on facebook and twitter ability Change Log: 3.0.4 Fixed Language Issues Fixed Approval Buttons 3.0.3 Improved SEO links [*]Fixed Topic Id issue [*]Completely changed application look & feel [*]Fixed all known bugs 3.0.2 fURL (Fully SEO Links added) 3.0.1 Fixed some template bugs 3.0.0 Initial release To upgrade just REUPLOAD all files and goto ACP > System Tab > Manage Application > Then Click on the green "Upgrade available" next to the application name Found a Bug? please report it here : IPBEgypt Tracker Click here to download this file

[quote name='ichadwick' date='30 September 2009 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1254323931' post='1862376']

dont download it then.

@james
yep and its all fixed now

Look interesting from the description - but do you have an open demo? I can't see the demo or read the discussion thread without joining. Would prefer something to see first.

[quote name='ichadwick' date='01 October 2009 - 10:03 AM' timestamp='1254420221' post='1862701']
Thanks for the warning. When the developer warns a potential user away, it's usually a good idea to heed his/her advice.

I can actually say it installed in less than a minute, if you like it keep it on your community, if you don't uninstall, it requires no file edits, and is a very nice mod, I'm surprised it's free.

[quote name='Lee Craven' date='01 October 2009 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1254418295' post='1862697']
Is there a way to change the Menu Bar from miniTutorials to 'Tutorials'?

Sure Check this tutorial i made it for this purpose
http://ibmafia.com/index.php?app=tuts&module=tuts&section=tuts&t_id=7

[quote name='ichadwick' date='01 October 2009 - 08:03 PM' timestamp='1254420221' post='1862701']
Thanks for the warning. When the developer warns a potential user away, it's usually a good idea to heed his/her advice.

I cant be bothered creating and installing new demo board to show off a FREE mod that gets installed in less than a min for someone who cant even be bothered to register on my site to check the demo?
Actually i dont want to deal with that kind of users!

[quote name='Lee Craven' date='01 October 2009 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1254420395' post='1862702']
I can actually say it installed in less than a minute, if you like it keep it on your community, if you don't uninstall, it requires no file edits, and is a very nice mod, I'm surprised it's free.

Whats worst is, there is a demo already but he/she cant be bothered to even register on the site to be able to view it!

[quote name='Sacred' date='02 October 2009 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1254508004' post='1862977']
Sure Check this tutorial i made it for this purpose
http://ibmafia.com/index.php?app=tuts&module=tuts&section=tuts&t_id=7

I cant be bothered creating and installing new demo board to show off a FREE mod that gets installed in less than a min for someone who cant even be bothered to register on my site to check the demo?
Actually i dont want to deal with that kind of users!

Whats worst is, there is a demo already but he/she cant be bothered to even register on the site to be able to view it!

sacred thatnks mate, much appreciated it's a great mod, sad some people don't respect the time and effort that goes into coding, thanks for the tutorial, I will check it out whn I get home.

Guest Century242

This is a mod that will really be useful for us. Thanks for making this available. I find one small, but major issue.

I installed the mod and did some very basic setup, using mostly default parameters (A sample Category, topic prefix, etc..) to test this out on a local system before attempting to install it on the server.

Changing the one folder name as flagged in an earlier post, everything installs with no problem.

When creating a Tutorial, the Attachments area does not contain any button to upload any image that is selected. Clicking on the Add Tutorial button produces an error uploading image message, when an image is selected in the Browse window. There is no Attach This File button in the editor window to add a tutorial.

Something seems to be missing in the ShowForm Template

[quote name='Century242' date='04 October 2009 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1254653990' post='1863382']
This is a mod that will really be useful for us. Thanks for making this available. I find one small, but major issue.

I installed the mod and did some very basic setup, using mostly default parameters (A sample Category, topic prefix, etc..) to test this out on a local system before attempting to install it on the server.

Changing the one folder name as flagged in an earlier post, everything installs with no problem.

When creating a Tutorial, the Attachments area does not contain any button to upload any image that is selected. Clicking on the Add Tutorial button produces an error uploading image message, when an image is selected in the Browse window. There is no Attach This File button in the editor window to add a tutorial.

Something seems to be missing in the ShowForm Template

Hmm I think it happens to you only!

Is any one experiencing these errors he mentioned?

Guest Century242

[quote name='Sacred' date='04 October 2009 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1254682689' post='1863459']
Hmm I think it happens to you only!

Is any one experiencing these errors he mentioned?

This well may be true. This test setup on my home system has been poked, prodded and tweaked to no end.

Tomorrow morning, I will set it up on our test setup on the server and let you know what happens.

Guest Century242

[quote name='Century242' date='04 October 2009 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1254695845' post='1863503']
This well may be true. This test setup on my home system has been poked, prodded and tweaked to no end.

Tomorrow morning, I will set it up on our test setup on the server and let you know what happens.

Installed this on the server and there is no difference. Still not able to upload any images. There is only the browse for attachments window showing, no Attach This File.

There are 2 problems after I installed this application in my live board.
[*]When I hit the Tutorials Tab on my board's menu, it returns me a blank page. [*]When I installed the miniTutorials Hook, the entire board had gone blank; thus I forced to disable the hook in order to get my board back. Now, can you please offer me fixes for the above troubles please? I PM'd you my board's access, so that you may like to have a look into it?

But, this is the official Support Topic and the Developer is ought to be active here besides his own forum.

Anyway, another 72 hours past and no reply by the developer! I'm really surprised! Without support I can't continue to have this non-working app. installed in my live board any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived