Worth 2.3.6 > 3.0.3?

Bobsuch

Hi

I currently have a perceptual IPB license, and I'm still pondering as to whether I should upgrade my forum to 3.0.3?

[*]Is 2.3.6 still stable enough for the next 2-3 months?[*]There are many, many features which are in IPB 3, which are fairly attractive[*]I'm sure most of yous will say "Yes", but I also have to pay for mod and skin upgrade fees.. so please, tell me if it's worth it

Cheers:D

I had several problems during upgrade, even add several new strings in order to upgrade complete successfully (my board is russian & using UTF-8 -> there were some problems with characters). Don't forget to create a backup for your 2.3.6 installation! :) IPB3 is so great so I recommend you upgrading.

[quote name='Archon Neo' date='23 September 2009 - 09:52 AM' timestamp='1253713962' post='1860548']
For me it's not worth it until the subscription manager is released. Everything IPB has to offer is useless for me without it.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/295587-ip-subscriptions-and-mssql-database-drivers-released/page__pid__1860560__st__0&#entry1860560

:P

Theres some nice features but best to test it your self away from your live forum, that what i did anyway.
if you have a lot of remote images like i do on my forum then don't upgrade until the resize option works as it used to on 2.3.6
the present way of posting of remote images with v3, fills the whole post box and resizes in the message box itself. not that good.
i need the 2.3.6 resize methode back, was not perfict but better than the present v3 setup

is this going to be fixed or improved in 3.04 ? i hope so......

Archived