Download: [AH30] Reputation 1.0.2

Alex

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got this mod to work on our sandbox.
If you wish to display the name of the person who gave the rep, only one user group can be selected.
If you try to enable this for all the user groups it will leave the comment, but not the name of the repper.

This isn't too bad if you wish "Members" to be the primary user group as Admins can see who left rep via the ACP.
I'll probably run it on the live board and see how it goes with the members.

I am not sure what is meant by "seeing my own reputation on everyone's profile"? as the profile shows the reputation that was left for the member and by whom - but you can of course turn off the profile view if you want to - sorry if that's not what you meant :)

I wouldn't use this until the author can update it if ever, it completely breaks the skin under IE7 and IE8. Anyone using IE7 or IE8 won't be able to view topics on your forum, there are various reports of others who have the same exact problem. I had to uninstall the modification on my forum because of this reason and am awaiting an update that will probably never come.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't use this until the author can update it if ever, it completely breaks the skin under IE7 and IE8. Anyone using IE7 or IE8 won't be able to view topics on your forum, there are various reports of others who have the same exact problem. I had to uninstall the modification on my forum because of this reason and am awaiting an update that will probably never come.

That's wierd - I've installed it on my main forum now and it works a dream with every browser so far. Only problem currently is the same one I reported above - namely that only one user group can be selected in order to display who left the User Comment.
  • 3 weeks later...

ok couple issues, is there anyway to adjust the word count? For instance, it is set up and when someone writes somethign up it gets cut off in the profile, view, i would love to see this fixed, any suggestions

Yeah, my members & staff have been asking this too.
  • 2 weeks later...

Alter the limit from 50 to whatever in ah30ReputationCoreFunctions.php - don't go too mad otherwise it'll break layouts I'm guessing.

$message = IPSText::truncate( $message, 50 );

Thanks for the reply. This works perfect.
I've put it on 250 instead of 50 and typed around 300 characters and tried my best to break it, but it doesnt break any layout anywhere.

So very well designed. Maybe future version for others you can make this an option in adminacp to change.

Thanks again for a totally awesome modification that we all love!

Thanks for the reply. This works perfect.

I've put it on 250 instead of 50 and typed around 300 characters and tried my best to break it, but it doesnt break any layout anywhere.

So very well designed. Maybe future version for others you can make this an option in adminacp to change.

Thanks again for a totally awesome modification that we all love!

Hi - I'm glad that it worked for you, but I can't take any credit for the modification as I'm not the author. I just worked out how to change the limit as I needed to do so myself.

:)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This mod is still working fine for me.

I would however like to change it from showing previous 5 reputations in sidebar to previous 3 instead.
(I am trying my best to shorten my sidebar length).

OFF-TOPIC: But also trying to reduce the number of "Todays Top Posters" & the number of "Status Updates".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is anyone going to speak to this, or is this a dead mod now?

People LOVE the idea of giving and getting rep, it would be a shame to let it drop.

Can we have some kind of update, either way? Is there something in the offing or is it going to "end of life"?

Thanks.

Archived