Recent Purchase

Soul Sojourner

Hello, I bought the IP Board software approximately six hours ago. I've dug around in the client area quite a bit, but the downloads area just gives an error and the invoice is considered pending. It has a support ticket on it and the ticket number is #597002.

I was expecting to be able to download right away after payment was received, but that didn't happen and I've been checking back since then. This is my first time buying here so I mainly just wanted to know if this is common and if it is, how long it usually takes. I'm willing to wait a day or two if necessary. I would just like to know how long it will take before I can download it, or if there was a problem.

There's no rush.

I also can't view the skins forum, which was what I was going to go through while I waited. It says I'm not a customer, or if I am that I need to log in with the information I use to log into the client area, but that's what I am logged in with and it still says that. Or do I just need to wait until the above is solved first?

Thanks!

IPS Staff manually screens all transactions to help prevent fraudulent transactions. This should have been noticed after you returned back to IPS after making your payment. Once they verify your payment is legitimate, they will send you another email saying "Welcome to <product_name>".

As Dark Slipstream said, they verify all transactions. During the weekends it may take until Monday, although sometimes someone from management might pop in and handle some of the pending transactions to lighten the load some. I've been a customer for several years now and when I make a purchase or renew a license, I still have to wait. I know you're probably a bit nervous and impatient, but you only have to go through it once per transaction and once it's over with you don't have to worry about it again until you renew (so it's better to renew as soon as you can if you don't want an interruption in your support).

Considering that the prices on the Add Ons hasn't gone up in the past few years, I'd say that the fraud protection has been working, otherwise IPS would have to bump up prices to make up for lost revenue. It's a necessary evil.

I got the e-mail you mentioned today. Thank you for informing me. The original e-mail didn't mention anything about 'fraud review,' so I wasn't sure what was going on. Anyway, thanks for letting me know, it's appreciated.

Perhaps mentioning it in the original e-mail in the future would keep other first-time customers in the know? Just a suggestion. :)

Edit: I tried the skinning forum again and that still doesn't let me view topics. Is it possible I could have access to that area? I would like to see what's available. :)

[quote name='Paul Voth' date='25 August 2009 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1251219923' post='1848829']
Took only 30 minutes. Well done. :)

From monday to friday during local working days they usually go very quick...

I bought CCS a pair of weeks ago and the activated in less than 15 minutes !!!

Archived