Just purchesd but no download link...

israeli12

Since IPS manually approves all payments to prevent fraud, it can take up to 48 hours for the payment to be approved, especially since it's currently a weekend. It's quite likely that your payment will be cleared within a day or so, though.

[quote name='John Swallow' date='01 August 2009 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1249132966' post='1836528']
Can a sticky not be put in this forum? Every weekend people post this topic and it's clearly a stumbling block that many of your newest customers are unaware of (or not understanding in their excitement once they've bought the software). :)

Agree wholeheartedly. :)

hii
sorry for writing here, i opened a newtopic in this section about an hour ago, but dont see it.
I have purchased the software and a 3rd party hosting service. What should I do next?
I went to my client area and I see the downloads. I believe the setup is free with the license and for that I need to put a ticket. In "your tickets" it is asking me license url. what is that?
I am totally confused now. Please please help.

Thanks.

[quote name='smt3' date='01 August 2009 - 03:43 PM' timestamp='1249137817' post='1836584']
hii
sorry for writing here, i opened a newtopic in this section about an hour ago, but dont see it.
I have purchased the software and a 3rd party hosting service. What should I do next?
I went to my client area and I see the downloads. I believe the setup is free with the license and for that I need to put a ticket. In "your tickets" it is asking me license url. what is that?
I am totally confused now. Please please help.

Thanks.

Send in a ticket from the client area.

It will ask you for your license URL before it allows you to submit tickets, that's just asking you where the board is installed (or in your case, where it will be installed) so that our technciains can locate your site when you send in a ticket :)

[quote name='Μark' date='01 August 2009 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1249139132' post='1836590']
Send in a ticket from the client area.

It will ask you for your license URL before it allows you to submit tickets, that's just asking you where the board is installed (or in your case, where it will be installed) so that our technciains can locate your site when you send in a ticket :)

hi i m the same person smt3, just logged in with my client account.
Thanks for your reply.
You mean to say I put my domain name right? like "mydomain.net".
Actually I want the forum to be located at "mydomain.net/forum" and i want "mydomain.net" like a homepage from where i have a link to my forum.
If I put the ticket now, will the setup be done today?

Thanks again.

It will be done when your ticket comes up in the queue. With the recent release of IPB 3.x, it's been taking a *little* longer than normal. I'd guess sometime Monday, but it could be later.

If you give IPS complete access to your site (FTP, SSH, cPanel, etc) they they can create the directory or you can do it ahead of time, it really doesn't matter. The folks at IPS are a good bunch and know their stuff. ;)

Yes, if you give them your cPanel login they can do the rest.

You can actually install the software using ONLY the cPanel, since it has an upload feature within its File Manager. I've done this may times in my testing of IPB. You just upload the complete zip files, then unzip on the server (again, within cPanel's File Manager).

Thanks again.
I am afraid to do it myself, as I have never done anything like this before. But at the same time I dont want to wait till monday. I was hoping to get my forum started by tomorrow. :(

In case i muster enough courage to do it myself, can you please tell me what are the steps for doing the installation?
If I mess up something will the IPB staff correct it later?

Thanks both of you :).

Well.... detailing *ALL* the steps to properly setup a new forum is beyond the scope of a reply here.

I don't have any links handy that will explain it all, but someone might reply with one.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then let IPS handle it. They'll get it straight.

Just be patient.

Thanks again rainbow. Ok, I will wait then :(.

Thanks Charles. I will put the ticket then.
My forum's domain name and login details for the cpanel will be enough?
In the first mail that I got from IPBoard after purchasing, i got the following:

URL where IP.Board will be installed or is already installed:

FTP address:
FTP username:
FTP password:

Install Folder:
Desired admin username:
Desired admin password:

MySQL host (this is usually local host):
MySQL username:
MySQL password:
MySQL database name:

other than my domain name and login details about the cpanel, I have no idea about the above. :(

As said, if they have full cPanel access, they can create everything necessary, including an FTP account if they need to.

You can put a *desired* database name and password if you wish. But keep the names short. (For testing, I just use "ipb" and ipbusr".)

[quote name='John Swallow' date='01 August 2009 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1249132966' post='1836528']
Can a sticky not be put in this forum? Every weekend people post this topic and it's clearly a stumbling block that many of your newest customers are unaware of (or not understanding in their excitement once they've bought the software). :)

I think adding this in big letters at time of ordering might help too :D

I am sure we would still get some people asking though as often threads are not read or information that is already on the main website isn't read ;)

Archived