Update some of the smilies

Wolfie

[quote name='bfarber' date='15 July 2009 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1247710229' post='1826912']
Where did you obtain them? What license are they available under?

I've had a few of them for awhile so I don't remember where. Know of any good sites I can explore for legit & free to use smileys? :D

IPB cam ask for Aiwan opinion and permission
http://www.forums.kolobok.us/
:) they are so nice persons, the koloboks artists, they would give what IPB needs for a brand new and funny set

maybe an option to use animate/nonanimate set is a good idea too, de gustibus non disputandum

[quote name='vesperala' date='16 July 2009 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1247720442' post='1826950']
IPB cam ask for Aiwan opinion and permission
http://www.forums.kolobok.us/
smile.gif they are so nice persons, the koloboks artists, they would give what IPB needs for a brand new and funny set

maybe an option to use animate/nonanimate set is a good idea too, de gustibus non disputandum

Nah nah nah, don't need an option for that- you can already import sets from the admin panel, so you could make up an animated set and people can just import it. For 2.3.6, it's Admin > Look & Feel > Emoticons > Import/Export Packs. Not sure where it is in 3.0 since I can't install it yet. This is what I get for running it on a Microsoft stack I guess.

[quote name='Μark' date='18 July 2009 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1247903476' post='1828283']
We can't just add any random image found on the Internet - we'd need permission from whoever made them ;)

that is the reason I recommended to ask permissions at kolobok.us

they are the best, and very nice persons
they create smilies, I am sure you will find what you need.

and I am pretty sure they will allow you to use something from their work
by the way, in acp, as a credit for them you can recommended that place at the emoticon manager, for those to want more emoticons and that will make everyone happy: customers, kolobok creators, you...

well, is just an idea. my best.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='15 July 2009 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1247714627' post='1826935']
I've had a few of them for awhile so I don't remember where. Know of any good sites I can explore for legit & free to use smileys? :D
[quote name='bfarber' date='15 July 2009 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1247710229' post='1826912']
Where did you obtain them? What license are they available under?

Brandon, I would be happy to re-make them, changing them just slightly enough to give you full ownership. I love doing animations!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='22 July 2009 - 03:46 AM' timestamp='1248255963' post='1830651']
I'm sure I have the IPB1.3.1 archive around here somewhere, but the trick would be in finding it. If someone else has it (I'm sure IPS has it!) then they could double check.

This is a little late for a reply, but I checked my IPB 1.3.1 Final archive, I never saw that smilie in there. (Never seen it before either! :) Kinda kewl!!)

Archived