Android Detection

Artefaqs Corporation

• Management

I have a few more I want to add. Android is one, Opera Mini is another and another little smartphone web browser 'Bolt' which is getting some popularity. Unsure if this will be a 3.0.1 thing, though. Might add a way to import/export groups via XML. That would be handy dandy.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Matt' date='09 July 2009 - 08:01 AM' timestamp='1247126489' post='1823179']
I have a few more I want to add. Android is one, Opera Mini is another and another little smartphone web browser 'Bolt' which is getting some popularity. Unsure if this will be a 3.0.1 thing, though. Might add a way to import/export groups via XML. That would be handy dandy.

Been trying to get Android detection working but failing miserably so I' hoping maybe you have been able to work it out?

I recently added Android detection for the Aqua-Soft iPhone/iPod Touch skin, which now has support for Android. Here's the user agent I added:

android.png

I haven't tested this though, so if someone with an Android (1.6+) phone could visit my forum to verify they are properly seeing the mobile skin, I'd appreciate it:

http://atariage.com/forums/

Thanks!

..Al

[quote name='.Ian' date='03 December 2009 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1259858124' post='1884606']
No - please no.....

Android is far better using the default layout in full.

Well, if it's anything like the iPhone, the Aqua-Soft mobile skin loads and renders *MUCH* faster than the "desktop" skin, and you don't need to spend a lot of time zooming in and out to read/navigate. My users have been quite happy to see this new skin. I just want to make sure it's rendering properly on an Android phone.

..Al

• 10 months later...

Here is what I have on my user agent under Regex, taken from a few sites:

I personally don't see it working on my HTC Dream, though. Think that list is a problem? Should I reduce it to just "android"?

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.0; en-us; generic) 

AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 

Mobile Safari/523.12.2

Archived