IPB RC 2

Lee Craven

[quote name='Stuart 4' date='11 June 2009 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1244731369' post='1809062']
well done lee

i was trying to update no luck but sql erro :(

What's odder is that the query you reported hasn't changed...like at all. Been that way since beta 1 and it's just now being reported as an issue.

I think I know what's wrong with it though. Just goes to show how important it is to have these public releases with so many different environments out there. Seems there's a never-ending number of configurations and what works for 99% of our users causes a problem for 1%. It's those 1% of users we try to catch before going final.

Downloads / IP.Board / Development Releases :
Development Releases There are no files to display

Am i blind or why am i not allowed to download?
:(

UPDATE:
strange - i checked again, and now the download link is showing up...

You might delete this post - sorry!

:)

[quote name='chasz' date='11 June 2009 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1244738251' post='1809106']
how to upgrade again? if i upoad the fresh folder what old files besides global.config.php do i need?

You should keep your uploads folder and any of the other components if you have any installed.

[quote name='Axel Wers' date='11 June 2009 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1244742672' post='1809122']
I have to say that IPB 3.0.0 is amazing. Easy installing of blog, gallery, interesting and enhanced feautures in ACP, etc... cool job boys :)

Is this from 2.3.x or a fresh install?

[quote name='Arctic Monkeys UK.com' date='11 June 2009 - 12:28 PM' timestamp='1244744936' post='1809137']
Is this from 2.3.x or a fresh install?

When I upgraded my 2.3.6 to RC 1 it went absolutely smooth, like melted butter. In the process of the RC 1 to RC 2 now though, will report on that when it's done.

[quote name='Malefickus' date='11 June 2009 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1244745216' post='1809141']
When I upgraded my 2.3.6 to RC 1 it went absolutely smooth, like melted butter. In the process of the RC 1 to RC 2 now though, will report on that when it's done.

Thanks im wanting to do it on my liveboard but i have real issues accessing my cpanel account i have got a backup of my database and files but i dont really want to go through the hassle if things are going to be difficult.

[quote name='iBotPeaches' date='11 June 2009 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1244745419' post='1809144']
There populated during upgrade or install.

Oh okay, well I just thought that might be a problem - especially considering my "recent status updates" still has about 50-60 of them listed (a bug supposed to be fixed in RC2)

[quote name='bfarber' date='11 June 2009 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1244746711' post='1809156']
You can reimport the hook via the Manage hooks page of the ACP if you wish. The status updates hook would be found under admin/applications/members/xml/hooks/.

Well I just deleted it in hopes of reimporting it, but then I found this and now I'm left with nothing:

statusupdates.jpg

[quote name='pollywogs' date='11 June 2009 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1244747231' post='1809158']
Well I just deleted it in hopes of reimporting it, but then I found this and now I'm left with nothing:

You clicked ADD hook. That's a developer tool.

You need to use the form at the bottom of the main Manage Hooks page (where all the hooks are listed) to UPLOAD a hook XML. :)

@Schemata - what bugs? :huh: I don't think any bugs have been reported in this topic at all lol. Hooks don't update automatically (imagine if you modified a hook we supplied to show 10 instead of 5 items, and we overwrote that?). I am providing steps to manually update the hook. Besides, this would only be an issue if you were upgrading from RC1. It wouldn't be an issue on new installations, or if you are just now upgrading from 2.3.

I don't know anything about the hooks, I am just scared to upgrade from 2.3.6 to RC2 if Stuart is getting errors. If I have backed up those two db files tho, I should be ok?

Also, how can I move my root folder to my /forums folder without getting errors? Do I need to update the database? Or do I just need to update cookies and drag / drop the files?

[quote name='bfarber' date='11 June 2009 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1244747743' post='1809162']
You clicked ADD hook. That's a developer tool.

You need to use the form at the bottom of the main Manage Hooks page (where all the hooks are listed) to UPLOAD a hook XML. :)

Got it. Worked fine, and bug is fixed. Thanks for being patient with me ;)

Archived