IPB RC 2

Lee Craven

[quote name='Schemata' date='11 June 2009 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1244748128' post='1809168']
I don't know anything about the hooks, I am just scared to upgrade from 2.3.6 to RC2 if Stuart is getting errors. If I have backed up those two db files tho, I should be ok?

Also, how can I move my root folder to my /forums folder without getting errors? Do I need to update the database? Or do I just need to update cookies and drag / drop the files?

The errors Stuart got must be pretty rare if no one has reported them till now. :) And yes, just make a backup and you can always restore it if necessary. You should make a backup of your site and test upgrading your backup first just to be safe.

[quote name='pollywogs' date='11 June 2009 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1244748315' post='1809170']
Got it. Worked fine, and bug is fixed. Thanks for being patient with me ;)

I'm always patient. :whistle: I have 3 kids after all.

[quote name='diannabanana' date='11 June 2009 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1244749465' post='1809174']
Mine failed. The whole undefined error that you provided a fix for, failed to fix me :( (off to cry in the corner)

If you've uploaded the JS file and overwrote the one in the release and it's failing, make sure to clear your browser cache. :)

[quote name='Arctic Monkeys UK.com' date='11 June 2009 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1244753250' post='1809198']
OK so it hasnt worked :(

Im getting the IPS Driver Error - what is that i need to show to let you know why it isnt working?

You should have some error log files in the cache folder under the root of the board directory. Find the error(s) in the one with the correct date and post it.

You should have some error log files in the cache folder under the root of the board directory. Find the error(s) in the one with the correct date and post it.

[quote name='BacTalan' date='11 June 2009 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1244756477' post='1809211']

[quote name='Putzу' date='11 June 2009 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1244757858' post='1809222']
It makes no difference. Codebox does not have a max height anymore.

Still, that was one huge log.

Why doesn't it have a max height height anymore? :blink:

Set it to a page or two, maximum, so people who want to actually READ that log can scroll it, but don't force *everyone* to scroll a dozen pages. :D

PHP: v5.1.0 or better SQL: MySQL v4.1.0 (5.0.0 or better preferred) Pre-Install Check: Files Required Files: Not yet checked Pre-Install Check: PHP Extensions PHP Extensions Overview: Failed DOM XML Handling (libxml2): Pass GD Library (gd): FAILED (Click for more info)

Weird, NEVER had a GD problem with any of my installs before. Have GD, GD-DEVEL and PHP-GD installed but it's not coming up in phpinfo() even after an apache restart.. pain!

edit:

rebuild of apache has fixed this, whoo.. I think I might now know why attachments in RC1 weren't working (despite the fact they were before in 2.3.6 on the same box under the same install?)

System Requirements

Still getting this error:

:(
Using GoDaddy free hosting service. Any ideas?

[b]Fatal error[/b]:  Class 'db_driver_' not found in [b]D:Hosting4362479htmlforumsadminsetupsourcesbaseipsRegistry_setup.php[/b] on line [b]1176[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

i have same problem upgrading from 2.3.6 to 3.0. Log file shows:

--------------------------
===================================================
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:14:46 +0000
Error Number: 1054
Error: Unknown column 'id' in 'field list'
IP Address: 203.100.254.213
Page: /board/
mySQL query error: SELECT id, name, mgroup, member_login_key, member_login_key_expire, email, restrict_post, view_sigs, view_avs, view_pop, view_img, auto_track,
mod_posts, language, skin, new_msg, show_popup, msg_total, time_offset, posts, joined, last_post, subs_pkg_chosen,
ignored_users, login_anonymous, last_visit, last_activity, dst_in_use, view_prefs, org_perm_id, mgroup_others, temp_ban, sub_end,
has_blog, has_gallery, members_markers, members_editor_choice, members_auto_dst, members_display_name, members_created_remote,
members_cache, members_disable_pm FROM ibf_members WHERE id=1649

--------------

Any ideas?

[quote name='iCER7' date='24 June 2009 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1245838547' post='1813443']
i have same problem upgrading from 2.3.6 to 3.0. Log file shows:

--------------------------
//...//
--------------

Any ideas?

You can obtain support via the client area, or you can try to obtain peer-to-peer support at IPS Resources.

Do you need technical support?

Archived