View New Content

marklcfc

[quote name='Strike X' date='09 June 2009 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1244575619' post='1808626']
If you go to http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=blog&view_type=table

You can click on the Icon - Table or List type.

Why not do the same for View New Content??

Huh, hadn't seen that before. I like it, especially if it would remember your preference (not sure if the Blog does).

..Al

[quote name='Strike X' date='09 June 2009 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1244575619' post='1808626']
If you go to http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=blog&view_type=table

You can click on the Icon - Table or List type.

Why not do the same for View New Content??

I kind of like that idea myself. Best of both worlds, without making it an ACP setting (*gasp*).

Unfortunately as I'm sure most of you can appreciate, these changes won't likely be in 3.0.0. Will keep all of this in mind though and see what we can perhaps come up with after 3.0.0 is released.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Reitaksvk' date='06 July 2009 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1246862017' post='1820983']
hi, new content is fine, but new post is .... better, it is possible to make both? and admin of any board will set if he would like new content or new posts, or both, make that modification and all customers will be happy.

sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm wondering where we stand on this issue? I have version 3.03, yet the "view new content" still seems virtually useless.

Having come from different software, we are having moans for a slightly different reason - but the same issues apply.

The one problem that we have is that 'Today's active content | The moderating team | Today's top 20 posters | Overall top posters' - only appear on the forum home page - if people never visit that page then they never see those links.

There also seems no way to make 'View New Content Method' have the default value of 'Show me all the content I have not read'.

If these two items were available to all users and not just those who visit either the home page or change their settings then life would be a lot easier. Perhaps put 'Today's active content' at the top of the page, close to the 'View New Content'.

To me it seems daft to have content available with no links to that content on 99.9% of the site.

[quote name='isdoo' date='18 September 2009 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1253286767' post='1857127']
Having come from different software, we are having moans for a slightly different reason - but the same issues apply.

The one problem that we have is that 'Today's active content | The moderating team | Today's top 20 posters | Overall top posters' - only appear on the forum home page - if people never visit that page then they never see those links.

There also seems no way to make 'View New Content Method' have the default value of 'Show me all the content I have not read'.

If these two items were available to all users and not just those who visit either the home page or change their settings then life would be a lot easier. Perhaps put 'Today's active content' at the top of the page, close to the 'View New Content'.

To me it seems daft to have content available with no links to that content on 99.9% of the site.

very well said, exactly my sentiment. I have been primarily on v-bulletin forums, and most I know navigate the site by the "new posts" button to keep track of recent content. my site has only been public for a few weeks and I have received far too many complaints already about the lack of ability to see all new posts just by clicking the button within a sub-forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived