Top Button

Root0101

I remember that there was once a thread that teach you how to enable back the top button just by a simple edit with the CSS style sheet. Anyone here can point me to that thread?
Or do I have to submit a ticket to the technical support?

:)

PS: I'm not here to argue on whether to bring back the "TOP" button. I do respect the developer's decision.

After checking out the article, and attempting the edit myself, I've noticed a couple of things.
[*]The "Top" button gets placed at the end of the buttons on the right side of the post_controls area, instead of by the "Report" like it was in 2.3.x [*]There is no image associated with it, so it just comes out as words on a button. I was able to fix those by adding in a replacement variable, and able to line it up on the left side instead of the right with the following change from: You could then edit the HTML as you see fit to add in your own little image. I ended up with: <a href='#top' title='{$this->lang->words['back_top']}'>{parse replacement="top_button"}{$this->lang->words['back_top']}</a> </li> And this is the end result: bttbutton.png I don't know if I should post it as a "bug" since I don't know if it would be considered as one, but I did do an update to the article bfarber made detailing these extra steps to get that familiar feel back to it.

ul.post_controls li.report,

ul.post_controls.left li {

float: left;

}

to:

ul.post_controls li.report,

ul.post_controls li.top,

ul.post_controls.left li {

float: left;

}
	<li class='top'>

• 5 weeks later...

That tutorial at invisionpower is flawed somehow. Likely just outdated. I made the edits suggested, (and yes I've checked them. Twice.) and now the forum looks like the lo-fi skin. With luck I can undo it.

Then I'm going to use the one bfarber linked to here on invision. Hope that works better.....

[quote name='RainbowViper' date='25 June 2009 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1245979581' post='1814637']
That tutorial at invisionpower is flawed somehow. Likely just outdated. I made the edits suggested, (and yes I've checked them. Twice.) and now the forum looks like the lo-fi skin. With luck I can undo it.

Then I'm going to use the one bfarber linked to here on invision. Hope that works better.....

Yup, happened to me, too. Luckily my installation was stock, so all I had to do was revert the CSS, the template and delete the replace image.

But it seems the updated instructions posted a few posts above mine works properly.

Archived