Opera Mini (Mobile) not supported?

Strike X

When I browse this site using Opera Mini browser on my mobile phone.. I am getting full version of skin and too many graphic.

I thought IP3 have special skin for mobile phone? (to reduce graphics, etc).

www.bbc.co.uk/mobile work great for mobile and bandwidth saving.

[quote name='bfarber' date='05 May 2009 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1241547309' post='1799955']
1) Each user agent has to be mapped - we've only done blackberry and iphone so far
2) The lofi skin isn't done yet, so I wouldn't really try to test it yet

Majority of users use Nokia and Sony Ericsson phone, it is important to support this..

Lofi is kinda boring, its not attractive.

[quote name='Shahid-Hussain' date='05 May 2009 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1241571776' post='1800020']

Majority of users use Nokia and Sony Ericsson phone, it is important to support this..

Lofi is kinda boring, its not attractive.

Perhaps where you are from the majority of users have those phones, but I can't think of a single person I know that does. :) This is why the user-agent mapping is configurable. ;)

And the lofi is meant to be boring. :blink: It's meant to be ... well ... lofi - less (or no) images, no javascript, basic colors, so that on a mobile device it loads faster and can display data on a smaller screen. It is a skin, however, so feel free to tweak it on your site once it's released.

[quote name='bfarber' date='06 May 2009 - 03:31 AM' timestamp='1241573494' post='1800029']

Perhaps where you are from the majority of users have those phones, but I can't think of a single person I know that does. :) This is why the user-agent mapping is configurable. ;)

And the lofi is meant to be boring. :blink: It's meant to be ... well ... lofi - less (or no) images, no javascript, basic colors, so that on a mobile device it loads faster and can display data on a smaller screen. It is a skin, however, so feel free to tweak it on your site once it's released.

Nokia is the largest producer in the world, and Sony Ericson is number 5. However, in most of Europe, you almost only see people using Nokia and Sony Ericson cellphones, so it's important that this is supported out of the box :)

[quote name='bfarber' date='06 May 2009 - 02:31 AM' timestamp='1241573494' post='1800029']
Perhaps where you are from the majority of users have those phones, but I can't think of a single person I know that does. :)

:o :o :blink:

Are you being serious????

I think the only reason iPhone and Blackberry are the only ones on the list is because almost everyone at IPS has one of the other :P I'm sure agents like opera mini and IE mobile will be added to the user agent lists for the lofi skin once it's been finished and we can test it works on those... if not you can always add them yourself, it's done through the ACP ;)

[quote name='Shahid-Hussain' date='06 May 2009 - 04:18 AM' timestamp='1241597887' post='1800069']

:o :o :blink:

Are you being serious????

Yup. My brother has a Helios last I knew.

Anyways, we will most likely be configuring the lofi-mapping to capture more mobile user agents than we have presently. ;) It's only basically configured for testing, and as I said, the lofi skin is largely broken atm.

Archived