Beta to Beta

Guest globex

Actually, you've got it slightly backwards. :P

There ARE scripts to upgrade the DB - the database is not a problem.

Skins, however, are not compatible. The template names are different (in many cases several templates have been condensed into just one template, for example topic view is now one template), we use different CSS classes and ids, and the underlying xHTML structure is fundamentally different. There will be no way to upgrade 2.3 skins to 3.x.

If the RC1 will be release in 2weeks, we can upgrade from beta5 to rc1 ?

I ask, because i think renew my support and installing a fresh board, preparing until rc1 and upgrade to rc1 from beta5...

Hmm... IMO I don't think this is a good idea. I'm also preparing a fresh installation and it is worth waiting 2 weeks (or less :whistle: ) for the "un-ionCubed" RC1 :)

Actually, you've got it slightly backwards. :P

There ARE scripts to upgrade the DB - the database is not a problem.

Skins, however, are not compatible. The template names are different (in many cases several templates have been condensed into just one template, for example topic view is now one template), we use different CSS classes and ids, and the underlying xHTML structure is fundamentally different. There will be no way to upgrade 2.3 skins to 3.x.

so why not delete the mastertemplate and reinsert with new xml? leaving the old skins alone to be manually updated?

We are promising that you can upgrade from 2.3.6 to RC1, however we make no promises that you can safely upgrade from ANY beta release to the RC releases.

We do expect, however, that future RC releases are upgradeable. That is to say, you should be able to upgrade from RC1 to RC2, if one is released, and to final.

Archived