Similar Topic IPB3

Guest jacky35

The problem with this feature, beyond the extra load added to topic view, is that the results returned are just not that accurate most of the time. It's hard to determine relevancy, so a lot of the time you are going to get topics that really have nothing to do with the one you are reading. That being said, we would like to add a tagging system in the future and I could see that being used for a feature like this. We could potentially show a list of topics that are related by similar tags, which would hopefully be a little more accurate.

The problem with this feature, beyond the extra load added to topic view, is that the results returned are just not that accurate most of the time. It's hard to determine relevancy, so a lot of the time you are going to get topics that really have nothing to do with the one you are reading. That being said, we would like to add a tagging system in the future and I could see that being used for a feature like this. We could potentially show a list of topics that are related by similar tags, which would hopefully be a little more accurate.

That's a good thought Josh. I imagine, too, it would work out more relevant topics if tagged properly instead of just trying to do a full-text lookup on the topic title or something to that effect, which is how most of these features work presently.

Archived