Spoilers

Guest Jυra

if you search the word, it will still come up, searching only lists the threads, not the text so no it does not.

You're incorrect.

Searching brings up a segment of the post matching your search term. The spoiler content is removed from the post before storing it in the search index, if you use the search index method. It is stripped if you use the basic search index method.

All in all, this is one of those things you should wait for 3.0 and test to see it yourself. ;)

You're incorrect.

Searching brings up a segment of the post matching your search term. The spoiler content is removed from the post before storing it in the search index, if you use the search index method. It is stripped if you use the basic search index method.

All in all, this is one of those things you should wait for 3.0 and test to see it yourself. ;)

I assume altering the spoiler BBcode doesn't change this.

PS. PLEASE tell me the spoiler BBcode has gotten a makeover in 3.0 :lol:

Wow I didn't realize spoilers were so important...Cheezy imo. Seriously, wouldn't hidden text feature per group permission be more functional? I mean some text that people can simply highlight with their mouse to view is I don't know, kinda dumb and kiddie? I used it once just to see what it does and I would have to say that was in a test forum when ipbmods.net existed.

Do away with the bbcode method and improve upon it with a per group per forum method with some fancy hide/show method.

Wow I didn't realize spoilers were so important...Cheezy imo. Seriously, wouldn't hidden text feature per group permission be more functional? I mean some text that people can simply highlight with their mouse to view is I don't know, kinda dumb and kiddie? I used it once just to see what it does and I would have to say that was in a test forum when ipbmods.net existed.

Do away with the bbcode method and improve upon it with a per group per forum method with some fancy hide/show method.

It's more designed so you don't ruin someone's life spoiling something. For instance: "I just went and saw [insert any movie]. I must say, the ending was awesome. Especially when xyz character killed abc character completely unexpectedly, and then [insert something you didn't know happened here]". This isn't an uncommon topic on a forum, after all, but if you use a spoiler around it you can prevent people who haven't seen the movie from ruining it for them while still being able to discuss it. ;)

I can't remember a single time I've used it tbh. But it does have a purpose.

Archived