IPB 2.3.6 or IPB 3.0?

Guest Energizer

Well I personally think its quit logic that if there are enough of "important" bugs and/or security problems, there might be a 2.3.6...
They are sure working on IP.B 3 but they HAVE to watch the current release that everything is stable etc... Basically if nothing serious would be reported then next stable release would be 3.0 I think!
Regards,
-Lone, W.

Well basically the "first (new)" release ALWAYS has some bugs that can't be noticed unless you use it in a large & open forums... I mean any new release has bugs, there is no such thing (something without bugs) so people will wait before upgrading their live site...
Personally I won't upgrade until 3.0... Unless & I repeat unless there is a serious security hole or anything...

Cheers,
-Lone, W.

I'll get a copy of 3.0 and remake my skins, then by the time I've done that 3.0.1 will have come along :D

Exactly the best choice! Update all your stuff & once everything is ready 3.0.1 will be release, so just upgrade :)

I think IPB 3.0 is at the beginning of many Bugs. Since it would be good if IPB 2.3.6 or IPB 2.3.7 as the last stable version would be released.

We said the same thing when 2.3.5 was released. Now it's 2.3.6. ;) And then it will be 2.3.7.

Like I said before, the more time we spend on the 2.3.x series, the less time we are spending on 3.0. IF there becomes an issue or enough issues that we deem requires a release to correct, we will release one (security issues will always receive a patch, regardless).

I don't really see the point in this question I guess. :unsure: If we need to release another 2.3.x version we will. If we don't, we won't, so we can spend more time on the next major release.

It's always been the best choice like this... :)

Especially if you have a large community!

But also too if you really think about this, us clients and members are the main source to helping these developers weed out these bugs and errors. The more help we supply them, the faster and easier things would get on any versions.

Archived