Website and Client Center Lacking Bug Fixes / Revisions

Guest .Ryan

I would just like to point out I think the main site and client center are lacking updates and bug fixes, seems like nobody its managing them.

http://www.invisionpower.com/hosting/enterprise.html <-- page broken (just came upon that)

I think a company should have a strong foundation and yours is slowly getting chiseled away and issues are piling up. Now I know the manpower is being put into other projects but the main site and client area is important too. Yes most of these issues we don't experience daily but its a feeling of neglect and out-datedness of how you manage the site.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...p;product_id=18

• Management

Our live installation is tied to SVN so we can easily update although we only really update if there is a specific need or when a version has been branched off so that we don't introduce 'new' bugs in new code.

I'll pass on the error with that hosting page to our website team.

From memory, our live installation is up to date with the last beta release so it's certainly not been neglected or forgotten about.

I don't think he was saying that your software wasn't up to date, but rather that there are many bugs/errors related to pages on your home page not being fixed at all, like the one mentioned. It just looks bad for IPS to have so many errors on their doorstep :)

I guess I could invite you over though and tell you that in order to come in for a beer you have to hop over the 30 foot hole in my yard :P

The only thing that bugs me about the client centre (I'm a noob don't notice bugs unless they effect me :P ) is that I can't access the majority of my archived tickets (I get a message saying Invalid ticket please submit a ticket) ... now that might not be important to some people but sometimes I find it useful cos it has the answer to something I need, rather than submitting another ticket ...

I don't think he was saying that your software wasn't up to date, but rather that there are many bugs/errors related to pages on your home page not being fixed at all, like the one mentioned. It just looks bad for IPS to have so many errors on their doorstep :)

I guess I could invite you over though and tell you that in order to come in for a beer you have to hop over the 30 foot hole in my yard :P

That was exactly my point you are neglecting the site and leaving it to fall apart like an old house, with uncut grass, overgrown hedges, and stuff. I could careless about the code, I don't see that or work it, the site visually yes we all do and yes its not effecting me for the most part, but it just looks like you aren't even trying to putting one person on to fixing them.

Ditto...homepage has broken links and emails that do not work.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/usr/bin/php -q /home/invision/public_html/process_mail.php 12

generated by sales@invisionpower.com

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/usr/bin/php -q /home/invision/public_html/process_mail.php 12

generated by sales@invisionpower.com ------

<html><head><title>IPS Driver Error</title>

<style>P,BODY{ font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; }</style></head><body>

<blockquote><h1>IPS Driver Error</h1><b>There appears to be an error with the database.</b><br>

You can try to refresh the page by clicking <a href="java script:window.location=window.location;">here</a>.

<br><br><b>Error Returned</b><br>

<form name='mysql'><textarea rows="15" cols="60">mySQL query error: SELECT first_name FROM core_customer_data WHERE cust_data_id=

SQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SQL error code: 1064

Date: Friday 04th of January 2008 01:43:29 AM</textarea></form><br>We apologise for any inconvenience</blockquote></body></html>

Funny, how do you answer emails about sales with the address not working?

And there's little design errors, such as the badly styled piracy report form, and the arrows in Safari on the navigation which have been reported a fair few times! Plus quite a few more Safari errors I can find just by browsing around the site.. rounded boxes, the IP.Board bullet points, etc. I know it's not exactly the end of the world, but at the same time errors on the site seem a bit... odd for a web company. Maybe it's just because I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but when little things have been reported a fair few times it does seem like the main site's not exactly on the list of priorities.

I know you don't have infinite time to fix design bugs or anything, but I'm only giving honest feedback after all, and some of these issues have been there for a while. :)

A customer sees the site as part of the overall product and it can be just as, (if not more so in some cases for new customers), important as the product itself. There are many errors on the client side and this is not a good portrayal of what should be a professional company who cares about the product AND the customers.

I've added everything I can find (probably Safari/OS X issues mainly) to the Tracker. Hope this helps. :)

That Safari error was an annoyance, but never the less it should be fixed, regardless of how many of us use Safari on a daily basis. With the iPhone / Touch users yes Safari will get more hits, for me on my desktop its good old IE or Firefox.

I am glad to see these will be fixed in the future.

Archived