Question about IPS installer

Guest Sannis

Hello!

May I use the installer of your components (maybe IP.Gallery) in my public mods?

P.S. I have bought my license though your resellers ibresource.ru, so their manager answered this question: "You can do that", is he right?

Sorry for my English (:

First I wasn't aware that IPS had a reseller channel. So maybe someone from IPB could clear that up.

Also in regards to using their scripts in your own I would say that this action would not be allowed based on the TOS from IPB under the portion stating "you may not":

"distribute the Software;
distribute individual copies of files, libraries, or other programming material in the Software package"

If this vendor is reselling the software under the assertion they described to you, and if they are a valid reseller of licenses, I would suspect that they might lose their ability to resell as a result or be forced to pay a fine for going against a contract and selling IPB under this pretense. Can I ask how you found out that they were an authorized reseller and why you went to them over the IPS website?

I think there still is one russian reseller, and to answer your question. Yes you can, Charles gave me permission yonks ago, its heavily edited in terms of PHP code and CSS for our new products, but it did start off as the ips installer :) Double check with Charles though, but I think you still can :)

• Management

That is a valid reseller.

It is a violation of the license agreement to distribute ANY IPB source files, but in the case of the installer, provided it's not abused, we do not enforce it. All copyrights must remain fully in tact and it should go without saying that use of the code is for IPB only. :)

It is a violation of the license agreement to distribute ANY IPB source files, but in the case of the installer, provided it's not abused, we do not enforce it. All copyrights must remain fully in tact and it should go without saying that use of the code is for IPB only. :)

Thank you for the oficial explanation :)

P.S. Thanks for a good work guys, IPB is great! :thumbsup:

Archived