Support System

Guest .Ryan

Please don't take anything person but somethings that could be improved:

1) The Announcement Icon: announce.gif
Please get rid of the white background or make it a transparent, so its blends in with its blue background, in Firefox I can see the white and it looks a little funny.

Same thing with the downloads icon.

2) When selecting a "which is this related to" I think it could be improved a little bit better or maybe sub options appear or something to better channel the ticket like:

Overall Package (whatever the name is appears here)
Tech Support: IP. Board

If you hit IP Board some options appear such as: forums, ACP, SQL, e-mail or a field where you can type in whats related to the problem.

Whats the difference between billing and sales? Sales should handle billing too maybe? :rolleyes:

3) It would be nice if a user could add a signature or something in the bottom of their tickets, and possibly BBCode or HTML is allowed, more so BBCode so we could paste error boxes, Bold, URL, ect.

4) Instead of displaying the e-mail it would be nice if a person name could be typed in and it would appear as Ryan or something. Since I help out with a couple of sites, when I login it says their e-mail, and if it said my name it would be easier to tell who is replying to the ticket.

5) Last Action - would be nice if a time appeared in a format that is good, like how it displays on the board not server times or 24 hour times.

People should have the option to change their time zone, how it displays, and it should not display server or 24 hour clock times, since it gets annoying.

6) The your feedback link is useless if their is never any time to give feedback. :P And besides that it throws off the entire layout of the page, which should be fixed.

Thats all I can think of now, I think I am forgetting one other one. But thats my opinion... I don't speak for all so hold back unless comments please.

2) When selecting a "which is this related to" I think it could be improved a little bit better or maybe sub options appear or something to better channel the ticket like:

Overall Package (whatever the name is appears here)

Tech Support: IP. Board

If you hit IP Board some options appear such as: forums, ACP, SQL, e-mail or a field where you can type in whats related to the problem.

This is the only one I have any comments on. All tech support is handled through the same department. The department options are there to help tickets get channeled correctly to the people who will answer them, not really to narrow down the issue. Adding sub-options wouldn't really do much IMO, since at the end of the day the same people will receive the tickets.

7) The ability to add screen shots to a ticket. jpeg, gif, etc. It would nice to be able to show a visible picture of an issue. Sometimes that's a much easier way to describe a problem than a bunch of text.

8) The ability to create links in a ticket in case you have some external info or page you'd like someone to look at. (I guess this could go along with the number "3" request for BBCode.)

A lot of these suggestions in the OP and mine go along with my suggestion (here) to make the IPB client center more like the Admin CP of IPB. The layout and function of the admin CP would make the IPS Client Center much more convenient. The text areas of the Admin CP already has the ability to edit in bbcode.

7) The ability to add screen shots to a ticket. jpeg, gif, etc. It would nice to be able to show a visible picture of an issue. Sometimes that's a much easier way to describe a problem than a bunch of text.

That one I agree with, but I also understand the reason behind it. First, some people don't quite have the hang of creating an image that isn't 500k in size, and the second is that i'd give it 20 minutes before someone uploaded an index.php that had viral code in it or something... Either that or "What's wrong with this file?" will be all that's in a ticket and an attached file...

Maybe if this were locked to just JPG/GIF images..

8) The ability to create links in a ticket in case you have some external info or page you'd like someone to look at. (I guess this could go along with the number "3" request for BBCode.)

Am I missing something here? You CAN create links.. HTML is parsed in tickets, which is actually a problem at times. Note.. If you reply to a ticket via email, don't use an HTML email client.

Am I missing something here? You CAN create links.. HTML is parsed in tickets, which is actually a problem at times. Note.. If you reply to a ticket via email, don't use an HTML email client.

ah ok...thanks ...i'm probably just mistaken. i could swear i did have some link issues a few months ago. I'll skim through my old tickets and report back.

Enabling bbcode to make the ticket still sounds like a good idea though. It's easier for me to write up something clearly and break things down into different parts for the person reading the ticket.

So what your saying is if I do this:

<a href="http://forums.forumize.org">My Website</a>

It will parse the link for me and will be viewable, sometimes peoples signatures the links they have aren't parsed either.

I do agree with the uploads that would be nice, limiting to jpeg, png, gif files should be fine, and .htaccess preventing and js or anything packed into them from being run would work, a size limit would curb other issues.

Archived