Captcha for guest search

Guest Logan

I've seen it being done on Vbulletin, and it's annoying as heck. (I'm even registered and it asks for one...) You use the quick search up at the top, and it pretty much takes you to a page saying your code is invalid and you need to type it in again. I think guests should not be allowed any user input into the site... But that's just me I guess. If this is added, then hopefully there is an option to turn it off. ~_~

I've seen it being done on Vbulletin, and it's annoying as heck. (I'm even registered and it asks for one...) You use the quick search up at the top, and it pretty much takes you to a page saying your code is invalid and you need to type it in again. I think guests should not be allowed any user input into the site... But that's just me I guess. If this is added, then hopefully there is an option to turn it off. ~_~

Maybe on a group by group basis.... I personally wouldn't want my members having to put in Captcha for searching.... but then I may want my validating and guests to do so? :)

+1

I don't really care how my bots and guests search, since it should be free and let them crawl the site. Google and the notorious "Using Personal Messenger" thing humors me sometimes.

So if google bot or whatever bot is searching the site, they will be disallowed, since they cannot bypass Capcha.

Archived