Question on Package

Guest flyingdude

Hello,

I saw you are going to have a new product release as IP.Business. I am wondering if you have a pre-scheduled release date for the IP.Business. Also, I would like to see the features that this product have including internationalizations, integration with your other products such as blogs, gallery, board..and so on.

Thank you and happy holidays!

Thank you very much for such a rapid reply. I have also tried the 8 hour demo and become a little more familiar with IPB. I am wondering if you could help me understand the following things.

1. On the demo that I have applied and ran for about an hour, I am wondering if IPB supports traditional and simplified Chinese language(s).

2. Is IP.Dynamic already available? If so, could it be integrated with the community suite as well as support in the language(s) mentioned above?

Hello,

IPB has the capability to support chinese and you can test it out on your demo.
You need to enable the correct character set in the settings, and then install a chinese language pack.
There are two ways to do that:

1. Translate everything yourself - under 'Look and Feel' - create a new language, and then go through it and translate everything into chinese. This is a long and boring process, but it will get you the best results.
  2. Download a pre-made chinese language file. IPS offers a resource site for customers called IPSBeyond - I have looked in IPSBeyond for you, but unfortunatly there is not a chinese language pack for the latest version of IPB. However, there is both simplified and traditional chinese language packs available for older versions. If you choose to install these packs, I would suggest opening the english files and comparing them with the files the chinese language pack creates. You will notice several 'language bits' missing from the top, which you will need to translate yourself.
    The guys at IPSBeyond can help you with this once you have purchased your license.
Dynamic is not available yet - we are expecting a public beta in the early 2007. When it is released it can integrate with IPB through a program called 'IP. Converge' - this is included with any product you purchase from IPS (minus add-ons like blog and gallery).
I am sure someone will eventually release chinese language packs for Dynamic and Converge, but you could always do it yourself. They have the capability to do it, you just need to 'teach' it Chinese.

Have a nice day

Thank you for your information. But the link you provided on the signature wasn't working on my end, perhaps, its the network that's experiencing difficulties.

Now comes to the last part. I saw the purchasing information on IPBoard. It offers different service levels to use the full function of the product. And it does last for 6 months. Does that mean, for instance only with IPBoard, after the initial purchase, I will be charged for USD $25 or USD $50 to continue to use the product? For this I meant do I need to pay the mentioned amount every 6 months to keep what I purchased with full functionality? If so, is there an option that I can just purchase a license and use it for a long time before I want to upgrade/switch to newer versions?

And what are the payment options?

The payment options are listed in the standards of service at http://www.invisionpower.com/ip.dynamic/co...standards.html:

We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. We also accept PayPal, United Kingdom Debit Cards (Delta, Maestro/Switch, Solo, Electron) and check or money order from United States, United Kingdom, Canada, or Australia.

You can use IP.Board fully functional for life, but depending on the package you may not recieve support or upgrades. The information on this is here: http://community.ipslink.com/board/purchase.html

You only need to renew payment when you want to. In the explaination below an 'active' license is one that is upt-date on payments

There are two payment options this table explains them:

post-86544-1167236323_thumb.jpg

Then IPB lie. They say "Always free telephone support", but as you see there, it is only 30 days for the Standard license. :S

Then IPB lie. They say "Always free telephone support", but as you see there, it is only 30 days for the Standard license. :S

Where does it say that?

Btw, what does free major upgrade turnaround mean? And free minor upgrade turnaround?

That's the maximum time they'll take to upgrade your board. For the standard license they offer an upgrade pack for download, but I coudn't fit that in the table

Where does it say that?

That's the maximum time they'll take to upgrade your board. For the standard license they offer an upgrade pack for download, but I coudn't fit that in the table

I am happy to own you on this one.
http://community.ipslink.com/board/convert.html

"Telephone support included
Unlike most of our competitors, we include toll-free phone support with ALL license purchases! Now assistance or advice is just a free telephone call away. There's no premium for ease-of-contact with IPS!"

Well, it doesn't say any specified time, but it makes you think it is support included all the time.

I am happy to own you on this one.

http://community.ipslink.com/board/convert.html

"Telephone support included

Unlike most of our competitors, we include toll-free phone support with ALL license purchases! Now assistance or advice is just a free telephone call away. There's no premium for ease-of-contact with IPS!"

Well, it doesn't say any specified time, but it makes you think it is support included all the time.

I wouldn't call that 'owning' I only asked a question.

I've told Charles

Archived